electrics techie question

Started by StevieM, September 13, 2009, 05:52:06 AM

StevieM

OK, a question for the guitar techies!
Anyone know the best sites for wiring diagrams? I'm ok on the normal configurations, but the new one I'm doing now is slightly unusual-----2 Humbucks ( neck and bridge) and a single mid, with the HB's individually tapped. So there'll be be----1 Vol, 2 Tone (1 Tone maybe changed for an effects pot), 5 way rotary switch, and two switches for the coil taps.
Cheers.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

OsCKilO

Sounds Like a Monster you are making There......

Sorry bro......

I cant help.......

But cant wait to hear how it sounds!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

visiblemember

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources.3_pickup_diagrams/
My brother used to refer to this site when he was building guitars.  The guitar my brother gave me has two push/pull pots; active passive and the rear knob is a blender. It is gutsy and a real pain to settle down sometimes. It stays under my bed. I don't own any other weapons.
Also, these guys are pretty gutsy
.http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/menu.php
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

StevieM

Seen that one before, looks like a modified Flying V. Pretty cool, but limited to who would want one, I think :D I suppose, if Mad Max took up playing?????

Under your bed VM?? Sacriledge!!! ;D  Handy links---cheers.

This sort of thing is something that I've got in mind for a future one.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

StevieM

StevieM

Wiley

Holy crap those are some strange looking guitars.  Can you make one shaped like a  Schnauzers head?  A dog guitar now that would be nice.  Or you guys could have a cat guitar. ?????????  Never mind we don't want to go there.

StevieM

Yep, Dog/cat/whatever!! Was trying to find a pic of a wolf one, but seem to have lost it :(

Quote from: wiley on September 13, 2009, 01:40:16 PM?????????  Never mind we don't want to go there.

OH YES WE DO, don't we, fellas? :D

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Migs

Quote from: StevieM on September 13, 2009, 05:52:06 AMOK, a question for the guitar techies!

I assume you have found the wiring you are after but here is a sage piece of advice:  don't go to the pub and have seven beers then come home and think it is a good idea to pull out your soldering iron.  Trust me, it isn't.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !