A short look back

Started by Tony W, September 10, 2009, 10:22:53 AM

Tony W

In April, I nearly bought a TASCAM MP-GT1 Portable MP3 Guitar Trainer in lieu of the MBR. I am extremely confident that had I made that purchase, it would be tucked into my guitar case for safe keeping, never coming out, along with the acoustic.

I would not have met people on a forum who have enriched my life.
I would not have been challenged to excel as a musician.
I would not own an electric guitar, let alone 2 of them.
I damn sure wouldn't be playing blues.

I can't even fathom how the last 5 months of my life would have been spent but it certainly would have been a lot less fulfilling. Who else has sat back and wondered where they would be or what they would be doing without ever purchasing a Boss BR?

It certainly isn't the device that has enhanced my life, it it YOU.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

If I hadn't brought a BR, I would have just been noodling away at home.

If I had brought a BR, and not found this site, I still would have been noodling away at home and trying to figure out how the BR works.

In summary the BR has given me an outlet for my own music, and this site has given me the guidance and support in getting the best out of this wonderful product.

This is the best site on the net, and always enjoy hearing what other people are producing on it.

The BR does enrich your life, no doubt about it!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

The MBR along with Tim Green, James Higgins, Tharek Mokbul, Geir Alfsen, Indierik and others have robbed me of my time and sanity.

I've taken up bass guitar lessons, bought an electric drum kit, turned a bedroom into a (very) small studio, bought a five string bass and forgotten what my wife and kids look like.

Thanks guys.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

i think you will find that the wee silver box has changed a lot of lives on here, i think ive had mine 18 months now and cant believe wot its done for me, for one i wouldnt have searched out this site and met so many great people.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Quote from: Flash Harry on September 10, 2009, 10:45:27 AMThe MBR along with Tim Green, James Higgins, Tharek Mokbul, Geir Alfsen, Indierik and others have robbed me of my time and sanity.

I've taken up bass guitar lessons, bought an electric drum kit, turned a bedroom into a (very) small studio, bought a five string bass and forgotten what my wife and kids look like.

Thanks guys.
Knock out a wall, record the kids screaming, the wife yelling, and turn it into a song. They will want to join you in the newly remodeled section of the house. I bought a drum set because I was tired of hearing about how much time I spent in the basement, now the girlfriend spends her free time banging away right next to me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 10, 2009, 10:46:59 AMi think you will find that the wee silver box has changed a lot of lives on here, i think ive had mine 18 months now and cant believe wot its done for me, for one i wouldnt have searched out this site and met so many great people.

I agree that it's a combo between man & machine. One would not work without the other. This site breeds passion and expression without prejudice - I love it. Not to mention the free tech support  :D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

i posted my comment at same time as flash, great minds or wot. didnt want to list names cos im sure i would forget someone.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Yup.

These three interrelated things have brought me out of musical hibernation in the last two years:

1. A monthly songwriters circle motivates me to write new stuff
2. This forum encourages new and old stuff
3. My Micro BR helps me to fulfill both.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Wiley

Yes I agree, I got my br in Jan. last year. And I can't believe what I have done. JUmped over and over out of my box.  Am playing lead, blues and a few other triumphs. And all do to with this site and the people here.  I was just trying to find info on the different recorders when I stumbled upon this place.  Haven't left yet. Not even during the pc crash. LOL  You are all so wonderful
P.J.

Ferryman

Me too. I have had had more fun out of music in the past 9 months than I think I have had for the last 20 years. I have written more, tried different things and been amazed by what other people have done on here. There are some very creative and inspiring people on here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR