"I Hear Voices" Original Instrumental by Osckilo & Bluesberry

Started by Bluesberry, September 04, 2009, 06:04:34 PM

Oldrottenhead

ive just done a vox for this, got a very ruff mix, peter gabriel  type thing a song for micro br vampires everywhere
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!

I go to sleep early one night (Was Listening to the first version strangely enough.....) and I wake up to find This!

You really Did a Fantastic Job on The Synth on this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is Truely Awesome in Every sense on the Word BB!!!!!!!!

Talk about Taking the Chill Jam To a New Level!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the work with the Pitch on this one!!!!!!!!

You are a Truely Great Musician Dave!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

You Really Transformed this one!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman

Wow, this has really grown into something quite special very quickly. Dave, very original of you to take voices 1 & 2 and turn them into a prog epic. It all works very well and I really like the synth work. You have really got up to speed with that very quickly, I'm impressed. And then ORH adds some great vox that take this to another level.

Great work everyone. That's really what this forum is all about. Very cool indeed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Trippy.  I have to go back in to hear everything that's going on.

Love how things drop out for the guitar solo.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Thanks guys.  I am very glad you liked what I did to your piano pieces T,  I had a lot of fun with this, learned a lot about my new synthesizer in the process.  I am very old school when it comes to synth sounds, I hear a lot of stuff on U-tube, all that trance-dance stuff and it does nothing for me, sure my synth can do these sounds, has a lot of presets for this kind of stuff.  For me I want to play prog rock with my synth, old is new again, prog is cool again, its OK to admit you like prog, and all that, and so I am slowly finding sounds that I like (like that sorta hammond organ sound, very Tony Banks), I created that one myself (I impressed myself) and it came out pretty good.  I like the idea of back at the beginning of synth playing, Genesis, ELO, Yes, PinkFloyd, etc, it was all experiment and finding sounds from scratch, there were no presets, it was all new.  That is the vibe I want to explore with my little synth.  I am very glad you all liked what I laid down here.  More of this kind of stuff to come...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

I Love what you did with the synth sounds.....

Old school seems to be the way forward.....

It is great when the synth sounds Organic!

You don't get that these days!

You Nailed it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 04, 2009, 06:04:34 PMI started with the piano tracks and just kept adding in layers and bouncing as I went.  I used up all 8 v tracks on all 4 tracks and then started over, going this way until satisfied that I was done. 

I just realized this was mbr and not your 1200, I mean I read it, but after been blown away by the excellence of the piece my mind must have told me this couldn't be mbr!!

You certainly have tamed that shiny little bugger !!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

(click image to view fullsize)

This is my new "old school" synth, no menus, no screens, no internal programming codes, very few pre-set sounds, just buttons, faders, knobs to twiddle with, it is a new classic synth.  It is unleashing my inner prog!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand