"A Million Miles High" by The Stan Laurels

Started by Bosko Schwartz, September 03, 2009, 04:31:34 PM

StevieM

Is this a practise run-through for your ( well deserved) future Grammy acceptance speech? :D :D :D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: StevieM on September 07, 2009, 05:47:08 PMIs this a practise run-through for your ( well deserved) future Grammy acceptance speech? :D :D :D

I seriously doubt it. :)
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

cuthbert

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 07, 2009, 05:31:05 PMPS: Where do you post your tunes?  You have really good taste (you referenced Elephant 6 a while back), so I'd love to hear your stuff.

Thanks Bosko - I appreciate your interest! :)

My day-job has been taking up much of my time lately, and I haven't posted a lot here yet - so far, mostly a few snippets in the Song Intros thread and a minor contribution to one of Greeny's tunes. I do have several irons in the fire on my MicroBR in various stages of completeness and a little more time for the next few weeks, so I do hope to finish and make some new postings here soon.

Hey, Beatles remasters coming out tomorrow! And there goes my leisure time the remainder of this week! ;)

btw, still very much looking forward to your CD release - please let me know when it's available.  8)

All the best,
cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Saijinn Maas

How did I miss this.

This is damn good! It definitely has your feel, but not as "processed" sounding. And I don't mean processed in a bad way. It just feels a bit more... natural. If that makes any sense. Great intro too. And I love the bass! Great job!

I need to get my guitars put back to together and get cracking on some stuff. You really inspire me to do more. My wife thinks that's funny because I play a completely different kind of music. I think she is just now realizing how varied my musical tastes are.

Keep up the good work. This song need to go on your second album for sure! ;)

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Facemask93

QuoteI also owe facemask, as his simple, poppy little love song that he posted a while back really inspired me!
Cheers Bosko , Me and the oz Kelvin , would never have thought our song would inspire someone across the pond to write a song as good as this.
thanks for the compliment
keep em simple and keep em comin

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Satchwood

Another hit tune Bosko  !!  I'm sure ur wife loves it too !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

indierik

John, sorry it took me so damn long to comment on this one, as you may remember I had family in town, and sometimes they can be a f*@%ing handful...... yes, this was one of those times.

sigh....

As for the song....WOW! I freaking love it!!! At first listen I thought the vocals were too up front, but after numerous listens I think it works quite well. I'm also glad you agreed with Blooby and Nigel's comments on boosting the bass a bit; the bassline is incredible and most definitely needs a bit of the spot light. I especially love the change at the 1:32 mark and the bass slide, it's brilliant, but I kind of felt like you should have repeated that same slide at the 1:42 mark before the chorus came back, but perhaps that didn't work as well with the subsequent change? But what do I know. Man, you have a knack for writing a very catchy song.... "too poppy for even me" never! I like my pop!

The one thing that really stood out for me was your drumming....shit-fuck, it's so spot on with the song; complex, but not overwhelming, powerful, but well-balanced with the other instruments.

Again, incredible work!!!! You should maybe make this a bonus track for your album, or a b-side. But I guess it doesn't tie into the theme.

Either way, Your wife is a lucky woman.

e
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

lg

I love this song also Dude!
Your vox is awesome!
It is soooooo catchy.
Dig it.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe