"A Million Miles High" by The Stan Laurels

Started by Bosko Schwartz, September 03, 2009, 04:31:34 PM

Bosko Schwartz

Bigger than the Sky
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello All,

First, I apologize that I have been absent lately.  I have missed the Forum quite a bit.  Even though I am still a relatively new member compared to some, there was a solid 4 or 5 months straight that I spent more time on the Forum than I did working the day-job. ;D

Here we have my most simple song by The Stan Laurels.  Even more simple than "LoveBirds."  I think in this case, less is in fact more.  I hope so, anyway.  There is pretty much zero prog influence here, and I managed to keep it down to just over 3 minutes long.  It doesn't have a standard structure (I believe only one part repeats in the entire song), so in that respect, it's pretty Boskonian.  It's a sweet little love song written for my wife, and anyone who roams in the vicinity of the 1600 board over the next couple of days will actually get to hear it before even she does. :o  I will be giving it to her this weekend for her birthday.

Pinedog will like the fact that the vox are WAY UP FRONT.  You can probably even figure out the words!  Holy shit! ;D

The mix is not final, and I will probably be adding some sort of keyboards and more guitars, but now it just has one acoustic guitar (double-tracked), bass, drums, and lots of vox.  That's right, I said ONE guitar and ZERO keys.  What is the world coming to??? ;D

Hope you enjoy this one.  It's a bit on the mushy/sappy side, but once in a while we need a little pop. ;D

NOTE: Changed the title to "A Million Miles High" due to some random movie released in 2005 entitled "Bigger than the Sky."
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

sometimes simple is better.

this is fucking awesome
pardon moi francais

you should get andy partridge to produce your next album this is right up his street
its right up my street too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

I would worry that added keys would smooth out the endearing jauntiness of the tune.

Oh, what a killer drum fill I just heard!  Must rewind.

Anyway, as I was saying, it's great the way it is.  Wonderful background vocals.

Would like to hear the bass a bit thicker.  I'm not getting a lot of bottom end on this one (There's a one-liner in there somewhere).

Another Bosktastic tune.

Your wife will be pleased.  People tell me it's all about points.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

QuoteBosktastic
new word for the thingy

whit dae ye call it

bibliography naw
ye no wit a meen
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

And mine to !!!

You are brilliant my friend !!!

This is an awesome song indeed John !!!  Freaking catchy and bloody marvelous if you ask me !!!

I love the (relative) simple arrangement, and brilliant harmonies. And your vox is better than ever !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hooper

Gaaaaaa... This is so good!  Yes, it's simple as compared to other Stan Laurel songs but nothing simple about the inventiveness going on here with the bouncy rhythems, and the tasty melody lines and harmonies.  And instantly recognizable as Bosko and the Stan Laurels.  You have really crafted a personally unique style in your music and continue to hold up a high standard.
Dern ya..... :D
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

OsCKilO

Haven't listened to this yet because the wife is busy listening to this....

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8053692

I cant bloody wait though..........

Back soon...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Finally!!!!!!! I got my head phones back!!!!

Type and listen......

Simple and Awesome!

I have never Heard your Vox as Good as this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't comment on the Playing because it is fucking awesome as usual..........

Is this on you Album?
Killer start to a new one if it isn't!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

QuoteHaven't listened to this yet because the wife is busy listening to this....
your wife has good taste
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann