home sweet home - for two bass guitars

Started by #gpmproject, August 30, 2009, 07:37:52 AM

#gpmproject

home sweet home
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi, here is my new song HOME SWEET HOME. I used two bass guitars and lead guitar for that song. I'd like to record more tracks, but I still don't understand how V-tracks working... >:(

Diego Ayala

Quote from: lubo perunko on August 30, 2009, 07:37:52 AMHi, here is my new song HOME SWEET HOME. I used two bass guitars and lead guitar for that song. I'd like to record more tracks, but I still don't understand how V-tracks working... >:(

Lubo, Liked your two bass emphasis -have several songs that that is what I am trying to do - add two separate basses.

Here is some info that was shared with me regarding v tracks and bouncing!
The Micro BR has 32 tracks. Its built-in mixer has 4 channels, which means that you can only play back four tracks at a time. So, the 32 tracks are arranged into a table of four columns (one for each mixer channel) by eight rows. The rows are called v-tracks and the columns are called tracks. At any given time, each of the four mixer channels is connected to one of the eight tracks associated with it. To accurately specify one of the 32 tracks, you have to give both its track (mixer channel really) and v-track. For example, "Tr4v3" means the third of the eight tracks associated with mixer channel 4. But the term "track" is often used in a more general sense without specifying the v-track. For example, when we say that we're recording a guitar on track 1, it really means that we're recording a guitar on the currently-selected v-track of the eight tracks associated with mixer channel 1.

When you create a new song, all four tracks (mixer channels) are set to v-track 1. After you've recorded those four tracks, you can bounce them to an empty pair of v-tracks. For example, suppose you create a new song and record rhythm guitar on track 1 (Tr1v1), bass guitar on track 2 (Tr2v1), lead vocals on track 3 (Tr3v1), and lead guitar on track 4 (Tr4v1).

Track:    1   2   3   4
v1    Rhy Gtr    Bass    Ld Vocal    Ld Gtr
v2    ---   ---   ---   ---
v3    ---   ---   ---   ---
v4    ---   ---   ---   ---
v5    ---   ---   ---   ---
v6    ---   ---   ---   ---
v7    ---   ---   ---   ---
v8    ---   ---   ---   ---

You could now bounce those four tracks to Tr1v2 and Tr2v2. After the bounce, the BR will automatically set the v-tracks to 2 on the bounce destination tracks (tracks 1 and 2) and to the next empty v-tracks on the remaining two tracks (3 and 4), which also happens to be v-track 2 in this case.

v2    Mix 1 Left    Mix 1 Rt    ---    ---

Now you can record some mandolin on track 3 (Tr3v2) and some banjo on track 4 (Tr4v2) while monitoring the mix of your first four tracks from tracks 1 and 2 (Tr1v2 and Tr2v2).

v2    Mix 1 Left    Mix 1 Rt    Mandolin    Banjo

You could then bounce a mix of the first mix (Tr1v2 and Tr2v2) plus the Mandolin (Tr3v2) and Banjo (Tr4v2) to Tr1v3 and Tr2v3 and record something else on track 3 (Tr3v3) and track 4 (Tr4v3).

v2    Mix 1 Left    Mix 1 Rt    Mandolin    Banjo
v3    Mix 2 Left    Mix 2 Rt   ---    ---

And so on...

launched

Cool blues song with the extra basses, Lubo! That was a great explanation that Diego provided regarding v tracks. Couldn't have done it better myself!

Again, great job on your song.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

#gpmproject

thanks to all...I'm really happy for your positive feedback...but there are still lot of things to do and couple ways how to play properly..I'm really not satisfied with bass tracks, because I think that both are too low, problem could be in my bass, (I bought one in cash converter for 65£ with one sensor)... I have changed both tracks over 100% one bas about 115 and second about 118 and still no good, probably problem is in my sound forge soft ;D...I don't know...maybe..but anyway thank you again...

mr2kewl

great post, lubo!

WARNING: The Micro BR can seriously damage your sensibilities! :D

welcome to the forum.

be cool
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

OsCKilO

Cool!

Great licks!!!!!!!!!

Where are you in the UK?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

#gpmproject

Scunthorpe or if U want SAINTROPEZ:-)))))

Wiley

I think this is coming along nicely.  You will get the hang of all the mixing and bouncing in no time.  Just keep working at it.

guitarron

this mp3 is not playing on pc properly

cool sounding from what i can hear thru the distoted warbling

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

#gpmproject

that song is converted to mp3 so I don't know why you can't play on your PC, maybe you need some other codecs... ???