"Fishing for Bullhead"

Started by Blooby, August 29, 2009, 05:00:31 PM

Ted

Quote from: launched on August 29, 2009, 11:47:02 PMCan't explain why, but it starts off Zeppelin'ish and then gets kind of jazzy to me.

Well said.  I don't listen to a lot of jazz guitar, so anything slightly jazzy reminds me of Pat Metheny--as did this.

Very nice, blooby.

Re. GAS attacks: Don't you wish you check these gadgets out at the library?  I bet that whatever loop station hunger I have could be satisfied after spending a couple of days with one.

Isn't it like kids who think they want to own a toy they see in the store?  But really what they want is to play with it until they lose interest permanently--which usually takes about an hour.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Flash Harry

Amazing, you noodle where others fear to tread.

Talented bugger.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

Quote from: wiley on August 30, 2009, 02:04:31 PMHe just said for every guitar I buy he will get a new gun.  

That Goes down as one of the Coolest things a man has ever said!

Quote from: Ted on August 30, 2009, 02:56:21 PMRe. GAS attacks: Don't you wish you check these gadgets out at the library?  I bet that whatever loop station hunger I have could be satisfied after spending a couple of days with one.

Is this a U.s Only thing?

Sounds Like a Great Idea!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Davo

Blooby would you say the looper is a useful tool for creativity? 
I usually play alone, so I think it may come in handy.

Also where are you from?  As a kid in Nebraska we would spend summer days fishing for bullhead in the local "cricks" using a bamboo pole of course.  You had to be carefull or youd get stung.
Your song really has me thinking about that now.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Blooby

Quote from: Davo on August 30, 2009, 11:47:10 PMBlooby would you say the looper is a useful tool for creativity?  

Also where are you from? 

I have to be careful here.  Yes, I think it's potentially a great tool, but I don't exploit it.  I bought it as a practice tool but it mostly sits.

I'm from New York and now live in Gainesville, FL.  I grew up obsessively fishing for bass, but the title of the tune is a tongue-in-cheek reference to catfish noodling.  You know, cuz I'm noodling on guitar.

Blooby

SE

Another sublime track you have been busy!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Groundy

OTD Bump, looking through the OTD I found this little cracker from 8 years back,
Have to agree with Flash Harry, "Talented Bugger".

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

maxit

A little bump for your birthday ... your jukebox is insanely full LOL. This little gem remember me of the cool experimentation of john mc laughlin with john surman.
Happy Birthday!
recorder
Audacity

guitarron

Glad this got bumped
Terrific noodling. Hope you use this somewhere. It's entertaining as is  as well

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love the clean tone of the effect. Really nice guitar playing and a pleasant, relaxing  sound and melody.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.