Latin Funk Tune - Strat/Acoustic/Bass/Percussion C4C

Started by Tomaz, August 29, 2009, 04:55:36 PM

Tomaz

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi!

I recorded this funk latin piece in about half an hour with my Micro BR. Just looking for a bit of input, obviously I'd be happy to return the favour. Cheers! :)

SteveG

Cant honestly say I am into the style, but the playing and recording skills were flawless! Half hour well spent I would say :D

Bluesberry

I'll tell you what, that strat tone is perfect, the playing is tight as a drum, the acoustic strums sound real good, and that strat is really great.  Not to mention that you play really well.  I like the sound of this little jam a lot.  What settings did you use for the strat tone?  (did I mention that the strat sounds really good?)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

I can't do anything in a half hour  :D  Excellent playing!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

The Reverend 48

Most Excellent first post
as Bb says lovely Strat sound and great playing!

OsCKilO

Funky asd Hell!

Great stuff!

Very Pro!!!!!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

tafka

and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Tomaz

Woah! Thanks for the words of encouragement. ;D

This seems like an excellent site, I'm definently going to stick around.

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 29, 2009, 06:46:22 PMWhat settings did you use for the strat tone?  (did I mention that the strat sounds really good?)

It was one of the built-in effects, "twangster" I think it's called. And a bit of tone rolled off on the strat.  :)

Diego Ayala

Jeez'man -1/2 hour to add all that stuff!?  That was great, and I am into many styles of music -and truly enjoy the latino bite - in particular the minor/minor7th and such!  Excellent composition, and the guitar was definetly an arse-kicker!  Buenisimo y una honda super chevere!!!

Tomaz = Welcome to the forum => great way to introduce yourself!!!

mr2kewl

welcome to the forum!!

i agree with BB and 48 - very cool cut.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra