the simple act of being. music by hooper lyrics/vox by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 28, 2009, 06:28:10 AM

SteveG

Nothing I can add to the above, but to say I am floored by this, awesome work by both of you! Played it on Soundclick to give it the point, this deserves to top the chart! Probably your best so far, you were clearly inspired, and passed it on to Hooper too as he played a blinder.

Tangled Wires

Simply brilliant, lovely guitar work and the vocal melody is genius. One of the best songs I have heard anywhere recently.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteOne of the benefits of collabing with Jim is that you not only get words but you also get a melody line, at no extra cost!
the melody was already there, you just have to listen for it.

excuse me i have bin drinking, but hoop i love you man.

that doesnt make me gay......does it?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Ferryman

Been too busy to be here much recently, so just catching up. This is a beautiful song, very well put together with so many subtle touches that don't overwhelm the fundamental simplicity. Lovely words, and so beautifully sung. I'd love to hear you guys do more like this, it's really very high quality material.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

BUMP !!!!

Been listening to this again and again since I first got it, ..... it's one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in years!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Geir on August 31, 2009, 03:58:58 PMBUMP !!!!

Been listening to this again and again since I first got it, ..... it's one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in years!!!

Totally agree Geir, I cannot even begin to explain how good this track is!! The other track which I think is equally as fantastic as this was the song "Last" which you did in collabaration with ORH.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bosko Schwartz

Are you fucking kidding me?  Here we go again with Hooper's insanely PRO production.  Dude, why are you not a professional sound engineer?  You could get paid MILLIONS for this.  Not to mention the PERFECT guitar playing and beautiful minor chord progression.  And then there is Jim's sublime lyrics and voice, which somehow seem tailor-made for this song.  STUNNING job on the vox, Jim.

Just listened for the 4th time in a row.  What an incredible song, guys.  I mean, this is at least 7 levels beyond FMGWABP.  If you guys could make an entire album of tunes like this, it would go platinum in a week.  Hooper, your production and musicianship make my music sound like it was created by a retarded chimp.  Enough already!

INSANE!!! ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hooper

Quote from: Tony W on September 04, 2009, 05:56:00 PMA retarded chimp...... I love it.
With a sense of humor   :D
Bosko Schwartz, a musical genius walking among us.  ;)
Now please 'scuse me. I'm going to drive off with The Stan Laurels blasting away on the CD player.   :)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE