the simple act of being. music by hooper lyrics/vox by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 28, 2009, 06:28:10 AM

Tony W

This is music at its finest. I've been moved by this one. Thank you both.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

This is so beautiful .... the  world stops for a moment when listening to it ... I can't even put it on to listen again when writing this, it just gets your full attention!!

The music is and production is perfect and ORH's lyrics and vox is just unbelievably good. And whoever of you that made that melody could make a shitload of money writing music for others !!! This is really up there with the best of whats made of music.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Top quaility all round song writing , musicianship and production.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Rolow

The crisp ringing of the guitars vie for my attention.  Yet I am pulled in by the hypnotic, mellow, soulful singing.  The lyrics fit beautifully with the mood created by the picking and the chord changes.

Great song guys  8) 8) 8).
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hooper

Quote from: Geir on August 28, 2009, 04:06:10 PMwhoever of you that made that melody.....

One of the benefits of collabing with Jim is that you not only get words but you also get a melody line, at no extra cost!   ;)  I loved those first 8 notes of the verse the first time I heard it.  It seems to invoke a kind of Celtic mode. 

The two 6-string acoustic guitars were recorded on the Micro BR using the on-board mic (ForNylon modified) and then sent to the PC using the BR-wav converter.  One guitar had normal stringing and tuning and the other was set up using the Nashville Hi-strung method... then the two guitars panned off-center L/R.

Thanks to everyone who took time to comment!

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

OsCKilO

This is the sort of Image that enters my mind when I listen to this.........

You guys must have discovered some kind of "Secret tone" in this one that makes you instantly daydream..........

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

The Reverend 48

This is an all time classic beautifully crafted in every way......

danarm101

One word, WOW. Start with the production - flawless, the guitar sounds fantastic. The vox are pitched just perfectly. Then theres the song writing, what a beautifully worded and thought provoking song. This is the work of professionals guys.

Top tune.
Dan
You can hear my tracks at http://www.carbonlogic.co.uk/profile/danarm101

For the best in modern prog rock, check out my big brothers site, http://www.cosmograf.co.uk/