Stevie ray vaughn

Started by SteveG, August 27, 2009, 06:47:30 PM

SteveG

Just read on another forum that it is 19 yrs since his death, hard to believe it is so long....

RIP Stevie.

launched

It was a big loss - One of those tragic things where you know where you were and what you were doing when it happened. At least I did...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

This video always cracked me up.  It's got to be some of the most frenetic playing I've ever heard.  It makes me nervous just watching it.

I love his little primal yell around 2:10 to begin the solo.

Blooby

Ted

Here's my Stevie Ray Vaughan story:  Prog snob that I was, I went to Genesis in the 80's.  The opening act was Stevie Ray Vaughan. Never heard of him.  Blues, I was told.  I went into I'm-going-to-hate-him mode and braced myself.  Instead, I was blown away--particularly when he did his Hendrix medley.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Vanncad

I still have a newspaper clipping from the day it happened.
I think about it almost every day.

His music and his life really inspired me. Damn I wish that guys was still here.

Some friends of mine were lucky enough to catch the bass player and drummer from Double Trouble playing in a small bar. The guitarist sat down with my buddy and showed him his "Analog Man" modded tubescreamer and gave him the info about how to get one. Those guys are a class act.

I don't know if any of you guys are into "Arc Angels" but they rock pretty good too. The bass player and drummer are from Double Trouble. I would strongly suggest getting their debut CD, or at least downloading a few of their tunes.

Thier tribute to SRV is called "See What Tomorrow Brings" and it's a great tune.

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Blooby

I just saw the Arc Angels at the annual Wanee Festival here in Florida.  Nice show.  That debut album was a good one.  I love how Charlie Sexton and Doyle Bramhall II trade off vocally and on guitars.  A Gainesville show from original tour was one of the better concerts I've seen over the years.

Double Trouble also were the rhythm section for Storyville (along with other acts), another Austin-based band with David Grissom on guitar (talk about tone!).  Strong songwriting in that band.

Blooby

guitarron

i remember reading about at breakfast while on vacation in NC-
still is big bummer today-what a guitar stud he was

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

When I was a kid I had joined Colombia House records, and they would send me Cd's every once in a while.  SRV's greatest hits came in the mail around 1995. 

I was blown away, nobody at school knew who he was!
But I listened to him quite a bit. 
About 2 years ago, I visited my best friends mother in east Texas.  I had brought an acoustic with me and she casually stated that she had known Stevie, as well as Jimmy.  I guess her and Stevie went through rehab together.
She pointed to a picture on the wall of Her and Stevie in the late 1970's.  I about crapped my pants.  Then she pulls a 1970's Ovation acoustic (with no electronics installed) out of the closet, in the case were a bunch of old SRV picks, and she had a pic of him playing it!
I played it several times before I left.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

guitarron

Quote from: Davo on August 28, 2009, 11:15:35 AMWhen I was a kid I had joined Colombia House records, and they would send me Cd's every once in a while.  SRV's greatest hits came in the mail around 1995. 

I was blown away, nobody at school knew who he was!
But I listened to him quite a bit. 
About 2 years ago, I visited my best friends mother in east Texas.  I had brought an acoustic with me and she casually stated that she had known Stevie, as well as Jimmy.  I guess her and Stevie went through rehab together.
She pointed to a picture on the wall of Her and Stevie in the late 1970's.  I about crapped my pants.  Then she pulls a 1970's Ovation acoustic (with no electronics installed) out of the closet, in the case were a bunch of old SRV picks, and she had a pic of him playing it!
I played it several times before I left.

wow how cool is that!!
she wont part with that ovation i'd guess

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

on second thought-did ya walk off with one of the picks at least?
;-)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder