sounds like a holiday tune

Started by fenderbender, August 27, 2009, 04:12:12 PM

The Reverend 48

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 27, 2009, 08:11:15 PM
Quote from: gingertilly18 on August 27, 2009, 04:25:27 PMall i can really say is the drums sound rather empty and the beach sounds are a little loud. to be honest its not really my cup of tea music-wise i would love to hear some lyrics to it and im sure the other members of this forum would be willing to have a go jamming along with it  ;D the melody just screams for some singing, but you clearly understand the genre you are in and it sounds great, you really do sound like hank marvin etc.

all in all great stuff would be better (in my opinion) with lyrics and more structure but like i say you know the genre well!

To each his own. Personally, I quite like it as a guitar instrumental. The mix could be better, but it's certainly not bad as it is.

I agree 64
fenderbender has inspired me to seek out more shadows/surf stuff
so I'm happy with this style
so fb keep em coming! 8) :D

launched

I think this sounds fantastic!! I'm into surf sounding music. But I also like the B52's, which is on the other end of the spectrum :D

This is great as it is in my opinion.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StevieM

All I can say is it's a damn well played track of this type of music. Took me straight back to the Mr Marvin and co.
Good one FB ;)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

fenderbender

thank you all -
a special thanks to gingertilly -who made me sit up and pay attention  :) :)
to everyone else thank you for all the help in how to move forward -
I feel now I have a gang of friends in the kitchen (my studio  :) ;D ;Dfrom 7pm-9pm most nights ;D) all listening and offering the best of hints and help -how can I not progress with the BR600 now
and its great having a time lapse -cos that can give me some time to think up replies to your posts  ;) ;) ;)
cheers all
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Vanncad

This one reminds me of Sunday mornings with my old man banging a butter knife on the kitchen counter to the beat of the 'ole hi-fi playing in the background.

I think the album was called "Wheels", but I can't really remember.

This sounds very cool to me Bender. A little like "Save The last Dance For Me".

Send a copy to Don Ho and ask him to throw some lyrics on it.  ;D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

I really enjoyed this !!!

You most certainly got the style down and playing is great. I think the mix is great to, but as we strive for perfection things can always improve. Wish I had a 600 so I could import midi's too, and that would be the first thing I did. I think the mix is well balanced, but maybe a tad to much high-end on the guitar.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Mike_S

Wonderful Tommy... what a great sound... we miss you.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

How did I miss this.
Miss you pal...
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs