sounds like a holiday tune

Started by fenderbender, August 27, 2009, 04:12:12 PM

fenderbender

SOUNDS LIKE A HOLIDAY TUNE 3
Time:
0:00
Volume:

put this one together last week -

it sounds like everything you'd hear on your holidays you know playing in the background --
the drums are from a midi I downloaded from the net
oh and the beach sounds from the net as well added in after the recording was finished
well its as finished as its ever gonna be  :D :D
please be critical
cos I want to learn from my mistakes
thanks
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

gingertilly18

ok are you ready for a tongue lashing..............................?

:P

all i can really say is the drums sound rather empty and the beach sounds are a little loud. to be honest its not really my cup of tea music-wise i would love to hear some lyrics to it and im sure the other members of this forum would be willing to have a go jamming along with it  ;D the melody just screams for some singing, but you clearly understand the genre you are in and it sounds great, you really do sound like hank marvin etc.

all in all great stuff would be better (in my opinion) with lyrics and more structure but like i say you know the genre well!

keep up the good posting!

michael

SteveG

I would have taken a bit off the top there, solo guitar sounds a bit tinny in my cans, but Hank all the way. Gotta love it :D

How are you conventing the Midi?

fenderbender

:) :) ;)
thank you for listening and taking the time to reply Michael -

yeah on reflection the drums are very flat -

yes please Id love someone have a go -any takers

lyric wise -good idea -but would it sound very julio inglasiousy  :-\ :-\
now it just struck me -wonder what it would sound like in a reggae beat - ;D
feel free anyone -
its yours to take apart  ;) ;)
hi Steve
point taken
maybe I need new headphones -mine have bass boost -
the midi track -I just just record it as a track from the pc and put a bit of eq on it
how do you mean convert ??? should I go have a look at the manual???
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

SteveG

I was thinking more of converting them using Soundfonts, and adding some effects. PM me if you are interested and I will talk you through it a bit.

64Guitars

Quote from: gingertilly18 on August 27, 2009, 04:25:27 PMall i can really say is the drums sound rather empty and the beach sounds are a little loud. to be honest its not really my cup of tea music-wise i would love to hear some lyrics to it and im sure the other members of this forum would be willing to have a go jamming along with it  ;D the melody just screams for some singing, but you clearly understand the genre you are in and it sounds great, you really do sound like hank marvin etc.

all in all great stuff would be better (in my opinion) with lyrics and more structure but like i say you know the genre well!

To each his own. Personally, I quite like it as a guitar instrumental. The mix could be better, but it's certainly not bad as it is.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: fenderbender on August 27, 2009, 04:45:23 PMthe midi track -I just just record it as a track from the pc and put a bit of eq on it

Did you know that you can load MIDI files directly into your BR-600 to trigger the BR's drum machine? See pages 172 and 173 of the BR-600 manual (or 184/185 if you're a Mac user). The advantage of doing it this way is that you can use the BR's stereo drums without using a pair of audio tracks. Plus, you can alter the tempo of the drums to suit your song. And you can edit the drums if you want to add a crash cymbal here and there, for example. You don't have to prepare the MIDI file in any way to remove unwanted channels. The BR-600 will only import channel 10, which is the channel normally used for drums. So all the other channels in the MIDI file will be ignored (the BR doesn't have a sound generator to play them).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveG

fenderbender

thanks everyone for the comments -im only here a couple of days and im learning already - thank you all

thanks SteveG for the help offer
and thanks for the info 64Guitars -I'll go back to the manual thanks
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

guitarron

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 27, 2009, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: fenderbender on August 27, 2009, 04:45:23 PMthe midi track -I just just record it as a track from the pc and put a bit of eq on it

Did you know that you can load MIDI files directly into your BR-600 to trigger the BR's drum machine? See pages 172 and 173 of the BR-600 manual (or 184/185 if you're a Mac user). The advantage of doing it this way is that you can use the BR's stereo drums without using a pair of audio tracks. Plus, you can alter the tempo of the drums to suit your song. And you can edit the drums if you want to add a crash cymbal here and there, for example. You don't have to prepare the MIDI file in any way to remove unwanted channels. The BR-600 will only import channel 10, which is the channel normally used for drums. So all the other channels in the MIDI file will be ignored (the BR doesn't have a sound generator to play them).

you can replace drums with your own samples as well-this is great for getting rid of the anemic sounding cymbals and snare

this is a really great efforrt i like-it's a keeper whether or not you tweak it
nice playing and sweet tones

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis