"Bad Girl" - time travel song

Started by JOE R1, August 25, 2009, 12:20:02 PM

JOE R1

BAD_GIRL
Time:
0:00
Volume:
sorry about the singing but i am only 12 soooo.......

JOE R1

and it is my first song on a micro br  ;) :) :)

Ted

Yessss...

I wish I started writing songs at 12.  I was an old man of 15.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Well, darn well done for a young lad! You got the drums programmed nicely, you obviously figured out how to do those breaks in the drums. It's a good sound on the rhythm guitar and a nice guitar melody going on there. Two main things to think about - it's a bit short, there's a good idea there so if you could try to extend it a bit that would be good. You could repeat that little guitar riff a bit more in the intro before the vocals come in, and perhaps have it again in the middle. Second thing is the vox - I think they sound pretty good, you just need to get a bit more used to getting the levels and sound consistent (they sound much clearer at the end). Did you use the mic in the MBR? If you did, there are some tricks you can use (like using effects and the way you hold the MBR) that will help. Just let us know.

I did write my first song at about 12 (and that was a LOOOONG time ago) but there's no way I would have posted it somewhere like this (even if the technology existed). Well done,  great effort and keep playing and posting more stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tafka

i wish i could write songs now.
great song.

T.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Satchwood

Wow - only 12 and playing guitar, singing, and recording on the MBR - very impressive Joe R1!!  

Very cool rhythm guitar and melody - singing sounds really good too - Keep up this fine work!!  I agree with Ferryman, it's a bit short - but very good first post!!

Luv Time Travel themes.......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

Joe, very good song. I really enjoyed the lyrics, but the vocals were a bit of a strain to hear. Ferryman gave you some solid advice, don't hesitate to ask him questions.

I'm looking forward to future posts from the time traveler!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Great first post Joe !! Keep recording and posting !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

JOE R1

thanks very much for the kind words and advice im gonna go sit down and write another song  ;) ;D :)

launched

I agree with what Nigel said - well done!! The songwriting, drum arrangements and guitar playing were all very good! The lyrics were very refreshing!! :D

A nice breath of fresh air to the forum - keep up the good work!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover