May not be around much...

Started by Greeny, August 25, 2009, 06:40:27 AM

SdC

Quote from: Greeny on August 26, 2009, 02:37:35 AM....
Actually, I really better had go. Need to chuck some more CV's out...
That'll take a good hour... what on earth to do with the remaining 23.....

recorder
Boss BR-600

64Guitars

Sorry about your job loss, Tim. But, on the bright side, I'm sure this will lead to something bigger and better. I've found that loyalty is not rewarded in today's job market. No matter how long I stayed at a job, I never seemed to get any more money. But, when seeking a new job, I'd ask for significantly more money than my last job paid and I'd have no trouble getting it. So, it seems that the only way to get ahead financially in today's job market is to move from job to job. I'm sure you'll be making a lot more money at your next job. Just think of the new guitars and gadgets you'll be able to buy.  :)

While you're job-hunting, be sure to look into all of the social benefits that might be available to you. See this page:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/reader_guides/article5572594.ece

And don't discount the possibility of earning a living doing what you love:

http://www.delni.gov.uk/index/finding-employment-finding-staff/fe-fs-help-to-find-employment/newdeal/new-deal-for-musicians.htm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Jobseekers/programmesandservices/DG_173732

I wish you all the best. And, whatever you do, please keep in touch with us, even if it's not as frequently.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

Best of luck to you, Tim.  I expect you'll come through this better than before.  You've got a lot of talent.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Vanncad

Sorry to hear about that Greeny.

Been through it myself a couple times and it sucks - period.
I don't know you, but judging by your work on this forum, you seem to be an intelligent and driven person.

I'm sure you will have no problem finding another job.

I look forward to hearing some more of your music when things settle down for you.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Davo

Stay strong Greeny!

You will be missed here-and be out of this jam soon!  And probably get a song or two out of it!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bro

Best luck to you! I have a hard time following whats going on in here to!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Pine

"For every door that closes, one opens"...don't know who said that besides me but it's a fact...even includes birth and death. Life is Change. You'll be fine.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Tangled Wires

Best of luck with everything, and hope any enforced absense from this site will not last too long, both for your sake and ours!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR