May not be around much...

Started by Greeny, August 25, 2009, 06:40:27 AM

Greeny

Got some bad news about my job this morning. The axe is falling on Friday. So I'll need to spend my time chasing new jobs with great energy and haste. The trouble is, everyone is firing not hiring at the moment. I've been a jammy bastard in the past, but it could be tricky this time around. Life, eh? Anyway, it's going to mean a lot less online time for me, and a big distraction from music and frivolity. Not sure if I'll be working out a month's notice, but if I am, I'll be on here all f*cking day. If not, I'll hopefully see you all on the other side.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their support, friendship, kind comments, and making me a far better musician than I was a year ago. You all rock.

Don't worry - I thrive in adversity.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteDon't worry - I thrive in adversity.
glad to hear that tim. good luck in the job hunting, as an aside you should be out gigging, my mate stix plays in pubs to bloody backing tracks and gets at least £300 quid a gig. he gigs 4 or 5 times a week the lazy sod. thats locally, your in london you could be gigging twice a day and at metropolitan rates..............

you could probably make a mint busking too and maybe even get discovered.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

The Reverend 48

Tim I hope you get sorted out soon ORH has good words try and get on the London circuit....I hope we still get regular visits and more importantly the odd new Greeny special
Good Luck and keep us posted!

Tony W

Good Luck Tim. I know where you can get a quick 1000 references as to being a talented and driven individual, loaded with passion!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Tim, sorry to hear that. My best wishes are with you, I'm afraid I can't help much with potential employment opportunities but if I do hear anything I will let you know. I hope you're able to get something fairly quickly and I do hope things turn out well for you. I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas for new material out of this!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

Damn Tim, that sucks!
But in all bad there always comes good.
It is only a change, nothing more than that.
Hey, if you want, come on over here and join up with us Double Cross guys!
We'll go straight to the top!
If not, well, LOL, best of luck!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SdC

Man, that bites. Must be frustrating to see headlines and news reports that the crisis is almost over, based on virtual numbers on the stockmarket.
I changed jobs myself just now (starting new one sept. 1) and I must say, during  my time on the bench it WAS indeed hard to find musical inspiration (and doing something with it). I've kept on visiting the forum though but mostly just lurking. I'd like to think you will also lurk here under the radar during your jobhunt. Best of luck!

recorder
Boss BR-600

cuthbert

Best of luck with your job search, Tim.

Hopefully the severance package from your employer will be generous, new and better opportunities will then unfold before you for the picking, and your hiatus will be brief.

Your talent cannot be contained for too long!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Flash Harry

Good luck mate, I'm sorry that you've had the decision made for you, but finish your projects while you can!

Give me a shout if I can help in any way.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Good luck Tim. I've been there too a couple of years ago, and it can be tough, but with your imagination, drive and energy I'm sure you'll get an opportunity soon!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........