Thomas Sings (ORH) With Drums

Started by SteveG, August 23, 2009, 04:22:06 PM

SteveG

Sort of....

First time I have managed to do this to an existing song, had to work out a whole new method, which is very potchy and time consuming (Probably took me longer to do this than it took Jim to write and record the song) but works after a fashion.

Anyhow ... I boosted your vox when I mastered mate, hope its ok.

Original post here......

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/thomas-sings-by-oldrottenhead-a-work-in-progress/0/

SE

Just a great song well played and recorded and with the ORH vocal just sets it off well done indeed.
recorder
Boss BR-80

SteveG

I just did the drums mate, modified post to make it clearer :D

Oldrottenhead

nice work steve, how did you do the drums
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Sequenced on the PC, using EzDrummer and an ancient DAW called Muzies. Muzies cant import an audio file except as a loop, so I had to listen from the start for every beat change or it would not play .... may have to use something else if I do it "backwards" a lot.

launched

Hmmmm - Thought I already posted on this one. The drum addition worked very well here. EzDrummer? Sounds like it's worth looking into.

Great job!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Cool addition SteveG!!  Amazing how you synch'd the drums to ORH's way-cool original!!  Great job!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Starseed

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs