North C blues

Started by Geir, August 23, 2009, 12:53:51 PM

Geir

Quote from: SteveG on August 23, 2009, 06:13:32 PMSo why cant I do that? What is the secret?
You can!!! The secret is open C(no 3rd) tuning, that is, from the low "E"-string:

CGCGCC

Quote from: Flash Harry on August 24, 2009, 06:20:07 PMI'm with you on the North C - thing is, I look east, you look west, I see bleak, you see gold.

Superb.
Well I actually would like to NOT see so much of that "gold". would be better to save it for later. Better for all of us!
Quote from: jackofall on August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 AMHow incredible! It's the blues, but it's also oriental. Quite brilliant!

I noticed that too, after recording it, or it could be fome folk influence (if you look at the thread "what are you listening to now" you'll see Ive listened to some Annbjørg Lien, a Norwegian "hardingfele" player. The hardingfele, is a Norwegian fiddle with four resonance-strings under the ordinary strings that give it the unique sound)

I'm really grateful so many liked this!!

peace my friends ....... keep making good music!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveG

Yeah, guessed it was an open tuning. Have messed with open G and D a bit for slide, but not really for strumming / picking stuff. Seen folk players doing things that I would find very hard in standard tuning with ease using open tho ... something else I must get around to learning!

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: jackofall on August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 AMHow incredible! It's the blues, but it's also oriental. Quite brilliant!

My wife, who is Japanese, says he is playing the "brues"!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

SteveG

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on August 26, 2009, 06:01:20 PM

My wife, who is Japanese, says he is playing the "brues"!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL

lg

Wicked Blues Dude!
I never have tried open C tuning.
Looks like I should....LOL
Nice one!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

guitarron

this is really cool geir-that acoustic souynds like its jumping out of the speakers
well done sir

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

madrab

I missed this. It is not only very very good but original as well. Retuning guitar right now...

Groundy

OTD.. 6 years down the line.......

Brilliant Geir, just brilliant......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

Haunting stuff... Shades of "Paris Texas" about it. Loved it!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

bruno

From the soul - super track. Great bump.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600