Life By the Drop (Remix)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, August 22, 2009, 11:06:54 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Life By The Drop (Remix)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey guys and gals. Downloaded Reaper not long ago and decided to use it to clean up my earlier posting of SRV's "Life By the Drop". I cleaned up the Lead Guitar by getting rid of the annoying delay and also cropped the lead guitar track so it blended better where the lead was supposed to actually be. Applied some gate and just a smidge of Verb to the vocals. I was pretty darn impressed with all of the plugins Reaper has to offer. Will have to do some more playing around with it for sure. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong on the "Rendering" stage I would sure appreciate it.

When I tried to render the track to MP3 I get an error message saying "Error I need  lame_enc.dll to decode MP3"... Didn't have much time to research, so I used Audacity to convert to MP3.

Looking forward to input... suggestions (Please let me know if I have "Over Engineered" the vox... I was really trying to concentrate on making them cut through without sounding too processed... Hope I was able to accomplish)

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

SteveG

You need a codec....Download if here....

http://www.free-codecs.com/Lame_Encoder_download.htm

And unzip it into the Reaper directory.

As for the cover, all sounds good to me. Maybe a tiny bit of compression and verb over the whole thing? Great playing and singing!!!

Rata-tat-tat

Steve,

Thanks for the speedy response... I'll be out of the loop for a week or so, I'll give a shot when I return.

"Freebird... Freebird... Freebird".... Yup it's still stuck in my head. LOL ;D ;D ;D

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

Great cover Tod!!! Well played and sung.

The vox is great both performance and fx, you could bring it a bit up in the mix. Final mastering on the mbr is also a thing I can recommend 8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

I think it sounds great as is, but I agree with Geir - Use the MBR for final mastering if you want to play around with the sound. It will give you lots of options.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

The Reverend 48

I really liked the production the guitars sounded great and I thought the vox was great in the mix.....

StephenM

to me you sound like the singer from The Offspring...and I thought that was pretty darn good....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner