Started by Geir, August 21, 2009, 11:30:00 AM

tafka

Gibson Robot Guitars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDglFWp7dc

i love this thing to bits.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Flash Harry

The great thing about the never being in tune thing is that the key signature makes a difference to the tonality of the music. A Major is bright and breezy as is G and D. A flat, E flat and B flat are subdue and more mellow. It's because of the imperfect tuning. It makes music more vaired and interesting. The saying that there are only 12 notes is true, but it's not only how you put them together that counts, it's where you start as well.

Robot guitars, midi, voice pitch adjusters and the like all take the feel and the soul out of music. It's all so sterile and clinical.

I'd rather have the imperfections, you know where you are with them.  Give me B flat minor anyday.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SteveG

Wiley

wow that was too totallly cool!!!!!!!!!   Tafka  technology is something.  I didn't know guitars were always out of tune until this post. LOL  I know harmonics or what I call them can get off, but the rest is beyond my feeble ear. lol
p.j.

launched

I have a solution to all these problems - Just don't tune your guitar. Hell, don't even play it ;)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Flash Harry

Quote from: launched on August 27, 2009, 05:11:51 PMI have a solution to all these problems - Just don't tune your guitar. Hell, don't even play it ;)

You're officially a Mad Man.

- Kurt Vonnegut.

tafka

i got a Dobro that never sounds in tune.....nor my banjo
but Thunderbird 3 does always. i don't own a mobile phone though.i hate techno stuff

TJ
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

SteveG

Quote from: launched on August 27, 2009, 05:11:51 PMI have a solution to all these problems - Just don't tune your guitar. Hell, don't even play it ;)

No, dont tune it and play it loud ... punk aint dead!!

OsCKilO

Quote from: Flash Harry on August 27, 2009, 05:04:31 PMI'd rather have the imperfections

I have grown to live with them......... Lol

Quote from: tafka on August 27, 2009, 05:14:30 PMi got a Dobro that never sounds in tune.....

TJ

My Reso Tunes in two different ways.......

When the strings are in tune, the reso makes it sound out.....

When the Reso sounds in Tune, the strings show up as out of tune on an electric tuner from the pick ups......

I have to find a happy medium every time I play it.......

Strange thing it is!

That Robocop Guitar is cool though...... Perfect when you are too pissed to Tune!!!!!!   I think I need one.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Flash Harry

QuoteThat Robocop Guitar is cool though...... Perfect when you are too pissed to Tune!!!!!!   I think I need one.....

You need a weekend in the yorkshire dales my friend.....
- Kurt Vonnegut.