Favourite musical gadgets (except your BR !! )

Started by Geir, August 21, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: launched on August 29, 2009, 03:46:47 PMI love percussion. Sleigh bells are my fave, but they are so expensive I haven't picked any up yet. I had an egg shaker once, but a friend ruined it because he thought there was candy inside

Huh?  Was your friend's name Rain Man, by any chance?
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 10, 2009, 04:15:33 PMjust got this cos i cant afford a real synthesiser huvae a scooby how it works tho, bin messing with its kaossilator thingymyjiggbit setting is fun but nothing very musical as yet.

I just got this too.  It's kind of annoying, actually.  Can't seem to get any real music out of it.  Probably because I am an impatient bastard. :)

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

here's a gadget i have hadfor years  that truly has been invaluable to me for recording -especially bass

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI just got this too.  It's kind of annoying, actually.  Can't seem to get any real music out of it.  Probably because I am an impatient bastard.
me too , osckilo will confirm that
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 14, 2009, 02:34:20 PMWhat the shit is an e-bow, cuthbert???

Bosko, you sound a bit like my old pal Hank Chinaski there!  :D

E-bow is brandspeak for 'electronic/energy bow'. Basically, it's an electro-magnetic device you hold with your strum hand that causes a steel string to vibrate so fast that it sounds like a continuous bowing sound. There are lots of harmonics generated from this vibration as well. And as you move it closer to a pickup, the bowed sound volume dramatically increases.

And it's very easy to get out-of-control feedback with an e-bow...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: cuthbert on September 15, 2009, 09:42:47 AM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 14, 2009, 02:34:20 PMWhat the shit is an e-bow, cuthbert???

Bosko, you sound a bit like my old pal Hank Chinaski there!  :D

E-bow is brandspeak for 'electronic/energy bow'. Basically, it's an electro-magnetic device you hold with your strum hand that causes a steel string to vibrate so fast that it sounds like a continuous bowing sound. There are lots of harmonics generated from this vibration as well. And as you move it closer to a pickup, the bowed sound volume dramatically increases.

And it's very easy to get out-of-control feedback with an e-bow...

What the shit is a Hank Chinaski? ;D

This e-bow thing sounds kind of cool.  Do you have any recordings to share in which you have used it?  How about any known existing recordings that use this?