Favourite musical gadgets (except your BR !! )

Started by Geir, August 21, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: wiley on September 13, 2009, 12:01:38 PM

I want one of these toys.  A 6 string banjo that plays like a guitar.  How cool!!!

A guy at work is selling one of those for £100.....

Are the worth it?

Am thinking about it.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

I don't know, but it sure sounds like fun!!  I'm going to do some checking.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

Yup it's pretty dirty Geez you guys and here I backed out of saying what I thought about building guitars in the other thread.  I thought a schnauzer would be nice and you guys would like a cat.  To H****  a pussy guitar there I said it. LOL I hate to tell you this. Envision playing this guitar If  you were me it would interfere with my boob. LOL  But then you Oski likes boobs. LOL

Ted

Is it just that I'm heterosexual, or is that really gross?

I think I'd feel differently it if I knew it was used in a totally ironic context.

For example, I think this is kind of funny, but it's also not all red and hairy like the one above:

BTW: Wiley, you responded while I was writing this.  I considered asking your opinion specifically, and then chickened out.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Wiley

Well thats an interesting guitar, legs and all. LOL  I could see the guys liking it. Myself I think I will stick to the basics.

zabel8484

Quote from: SteveB on August 21, 2009, 06:07:22 PMI remember seeing a Vid of Simon & Garfunkel years ago, where PS had a capo on about the 6th fret, and making some astonishing sounds. As soon as I was able, I too tried a Capo several frets down, oh boy, a whole new world of possibilities. Anyone who doesn't want to stretch, progress, and experiment, shouldn't really be into playing music.  8)

Agree!!!
i'm getting my capo NOW!!
 ;D

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: SteveB on August 21, 2009, 06:07:22 PMI remember seeing a Vid of Simon & Garfunkel years ago, where PS had a capo on about the 6th fret, and making some astonishing sounds. As soon as I was able, I too tried a Capo several frets down, oh boy, a whole new world of possibilities. Anyone who doesn't want to stretch, progress, and experiment, shouldn't really be into playing music.  8)

I saw that same S&G video and it blew me away! 

Not that my playing is anything special on this song, but my latest one uses the capo on the 4th fret ...

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4266.0
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: cuthbert on August 21, 2009, 12:54:38 PMHere's one of my favorites:

Before I got the e-bow, I always thought they were screaming feedback or synth lines.

Controlling the beast is another matter altogether...  ;)

What the shit is an e-bow, cuthbert???
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels