Favourite musical gadgets (except your BR !! )

Started by Geir, August 21, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

Geir

Quote from: osckilo on August 24, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
Quote from: Greeny on August 24, 2009, 04:16:37 AMOh... and Fender medium picks. I'm pretty addicted to those now too. Especially in this design...

Still got that one you gave me as my "emergency pick".....

Medium is good for most things!
Here's my emergency pick :

a recycled credit card ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Quote from: Geir on August 24, 2009, 04:16:07 PM
Quote from: osckilo on August 24, 2009, 03:58:38 PM
Quote from: Greeny on August 24, 2009, 04:16:37 AMOh... and Fender medium picks. I'm pretty addicted to those now too. Especially in this design...

Still got that one you gave me as my "emergency pick".....

Medium is good for most things!
Here's my emergency pick :

a recycled credit card ;D

Credit cards give a wicked sound on a twelve string, i have found......

That pick give a new meaning to playing with yourself G!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

guitarron

that is old school-
a pick is a useful gadget-i use a shubb capo as well- it's the best and longest lived one i ever had

but i'd have to say my CS1 compessor or boss turbo overdrive pedal-
very battle worn and work great
i'll go with-
probably the OD pedal would be my pick

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

Greeny I have the same Shubb capo, it works great.

Im a big fan of the Dunlop picks. I use the large triangle ones in medium for the acoustic, they are bright and allow you to really hit those strings hard.
On electrics I use the standard size in heavy guages-they last forever.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SdC

Quote from: Davo on August 24, 2009, 08:45:27 PM....
Im a big fan of the Dunlop picks. ....
Same here, I use the .73mm tortex picks. This I can make sound both floppy and hard depending how I hold it. Also it doesn't slip from my sweaty hands... I can never use smooth picks.

recorder
Boss BR-600

Ted

I got my VARIGRIP yesterday, and have been compulsively squeezing it in its callous builder configuration.

My fingertips feel like I've been playing guitar.  At least I think they do.  It's been so long.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

flash142

http://www.nsdpowerballs.com/powerball-for-music.html

These things r good. Takes a bit of practice to get going, but they do strengthen your wrists and hands, and they r fun to play with.

launched

Quote from: wiley on August 23, 2009, 06:29:37 PMI wear those everyday at work.  If I am going to lose my hearing at least I will enjoy it.  I have a capo and very seldom use it.  I like the little things that involve others to  play along.   Tamborine, egg shakers, cowbell, train whistle, bongo drum,  we even use spoons,  everyone wants to be able to play along. And those sort of things let them. LOL And it is fun to see them all have fun!!
P.J.

I love percussion. Sleigh bells are my fave, but they are so expensive I haven't picked any up yet. I had an egg shaker once, but a friend ruined it because he thought there was candy inside - Dork...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Quote from: flash142 on August 29, 2009, 03:37:12 PMhttp://www.nsdpowerballs.com/powerball-for-music.html

These things r good. Takes a bit of practice to get going, but they do strengthen your wrists and hands, and they r fun to play with.

I have one of these--but not the "for musicians" model.  How is it different from the ordinary models?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

flash142

Ted, its the same powerball, just describing that it is good for musicians. To work out your hand and wrists , get it going then get it as slow as u can, but grip like hell, but controlled speed, slow and easy , slow and easy, but keep the grip on hard. It works but u gotta do it regularly. If u r right handed, use it more with your left hand, it really does help to strengthen your hand. Grip it real tight.