Favourite musical gadgets (except your BR !! )

Started by Geir, August 21, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

guitarron

Quote from: Ted on August 21, 2009, 06:01:15 PM
Quote from: osckilo on August 21, 2009, 05:35:06 PMA capo opens you up to a whole new world of chords........

Some Guitarists that I have met feel Ashamed to use them.....But sound shit trying to attempt the same tones..........

:) Once I was jamming with some punk/metalheads, and I was on my acoustic guitar (which to them seemed quite exotic).  I said, "I'm getting out the capo, fellas.  Just warning you."

"Nooooo! Please! Not the capo!"

It was like holding up a crucifix to a vampire.
that reminds me of a time i was taking a spot as a keyboard player-when i walked in with my huge road case housing my Korg T3, one the snotty assholes said "O-whats that ? one of those non stringed things"
what pissed me off was i was a better guitar player than he was and i was stuck on boards-

i played that night-never returned

arrogant fuck

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Ted on August 21, 2009, 06:01:15 PM
Quote from: osckilo on August 21, 2009, 05:35:06 PMA capo opens you up to a whole new world of chords........

Some Guitarists that I have met feel Ashamed to use them.....But sound shit trying to attempt the same tones..........

:) Once I was jamming with some punk/metalheads, and I was on my acoustic guitar (which to them seemed quite exotic).  I said, "I'm getting out the capo, fellas.  Just warning you."

"Nooooo! Please! Not the capo!"

It was like holding up a crucifix to a vampire.

Been there, done that.

Actually a good thing, made me able to figure out what to do when the EVIL keyboardplayer transposes in the middle of a song ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveG

Davo

Quote from: SteveG on August 22, 2009, 01:36:47 PMEssential equipment when I am playing.....

I see that alot, how loud do you play?
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ted

Quote from: SteveG on August 22, 2009, 01:36:47 PMEssential equipment when I am playing.....

I use these too, but as a marital aid.

Not so fast, perverts: one of us snores.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveG

Davo, It's not the volume that's the problem  ;)

Wiley

I wear those everyday at work.  If I am going to lose my hearing at least I will enjoy it.  I have a capo and very seldom use it.  I like the little things that involve others to  play along.   Tamborine, egg shakers, cowbell, train whistle, bongo drum,  we even use spoons,  everyone wants to be able to play along. And those sort of things let them. LOL And it is fun to see them all have fun!!
P.J.

Greeny

Quote from: Geir on August 21, 2009, 09:51:19 AMHey

A place to share your experience with musical gadgets !

Here's one of mine .... a cute little mechanical device :

This is my number one too... a Shubb Capo. I've tried other capos, but I love these ones best of all. A good 75% of my songs are capo'd, so it's essential equipment.

Greeny

Oh... and Fender medium picks. I'm pretty addicted to those now too. Especially in this design...

OsCKilO

Quote from: Greeny on August 24, 2009, 04:16:37 AMOh... and Fender medium picks. I'm pretty addicted to those now too. Especially in this design...

Still got that one you gave me as my "emergency pick".....

Medium is good for most things!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy