Favourite musical gadgets (except your BR !! )

Started by Geir, August 21, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

Geir

Hey

A place to share your experience with musical gadgets !

Here's one of mine .... a cute little mechanical device :
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ted

I remember the days before this existed...or maybe I only remember the days before I knew it existed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Have a capo, but never used it. Honest.

Mine currently are:

- Kaossilator
- Roland PMA-5 (see here: http://www.synthony.com/vintage/pma5.html)
- Electro-Harmonix Micro Synth

Just looking to buy the time machine that will give me the time to use them.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Peterson StroboStomp tuner pedal and DI. Accuracy to 1/10th of a cent. That's ten times more accurate than Roland's new, top-of-the-line TU-1000 (+/- 1 cent accuracy) at $200, and Korg's top-of-the-line DTR2000 at $260 (also +/- 1 cent accuracy).

GripMaster from Planet Waves. Strengthens the hand and fingers while watching TV. There's a new version available that's better because you can adjust the tension.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

This is a sentimental favorite:

Roland TR-505

I haven't used it in years, but I ruled this thing back in the day.  I still have it, along with cassette tapes of saved drum arrangement data, and the trusty mono cassette player that I used to save and load the arrangements.  It's part of the reason I get such a kick out of living with the limitations of the Micro BR's drums--the Micro BR is more challenging.

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 21, 2009, 10:49:38 AMPeterson StroboStomp tuner pedal and DI. Accuracy to 1/10th of a cent. That's ten times more accurate than Roland's new, top-of-the-line TU-1000 (+/- 1 cent accuracy) at $200, and Korg's top-of-the-line DTR2000 at $260 (also +/- 1 cent accuracy).

I'm not sure I believe in being that in tune.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

Jellifish!

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 21, 2009, 10:49:38 AMGripMaster from Planet Waves. Strengthens the hand and fingers while watching TV. There's a new version available that's better because you can adjust the tension.

I've been meaning to get something like this.  I'm especially interested in the "callus builder" feature of the new version--since lately I spend more time punching buttons on the Micro BR than I do fingering guitar strings.

Hey!  Here's an idea for an invention: Stick-on callus builders for the buttons of electronic devices.  If I had little rough bits all over the left side of my computer keyboard, and on my Micro BR buttons, I'd have calluses of steel by now.

Next stop: The patent office!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

Here's one of my favorites:

Before I got the e-bow, I always thought they were screaming feedback or synth lines.

Controlling the beast is another matter altogether...  ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

You may wanna update that pic cuthbert .... unless Fartunecity is a new gadget ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Quote from: Geir on August 21, 2009, 01:56:06 PMYou may wanna update that pic cuthbert .... unless Fartunecity is a new gadget ;D

Thanks for the heads up, Geir! Do you not see an e-bow pictured there?  ???

I still see it...  :o

Howse about this one instead?

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Quote from: cuthbert on August 21, 2009, 03:08:49 PM
Quote from: Geir on August 21, 2009, 01:56:06 PMYou may wanna update that pic cuthbert .... unless Fartunecity is a new gadget ;D

Thanks for the heads up, Geir! Do you not see an e-bow pictured there?  ???

FortuneCity was somehow replacing it with their own ad. But if you right-clicked on the picture and selected "View Image", the ebow pic would open. Once opened, it would be in your browser's cache, so any subsequent views of the message would show the ebow pic from the cache instead of FortuneCity's ad.

Anyway, I found the same image from another source and replaced it. Should be okay now.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website