Finding my Feet

Started by gingertilly18, August 21, 2009, 08:47:13 AM

gingertilly18

Finding my Feet
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi guys, i wasnt happy with 'there you stand' so i reworked it, the lyrics were just generic rubbish but now they actually mean something.
anyways hope you like it!
thanks
michael

Tony W

The acoustic was beautiful, The lead was simple but very fitting for the song. I liked the lyrics. Good Job Michael.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

I didn't hear the original, but this is some good songwriting.  It's your best yet that I've heard. 

I suspect that you could make some stunning recordings if you worked on your production values just a bit. This song sounds like I'm listening to you from another room--and I want to hear it from within the same room. Get closer to the mic for more presence in the vocals. Use panning, and spread things out a bit. Fill the space more.

Supposing you don't aspire to go AndyR, and you're just using the BR to capture the ideas while they're still fresh.  I still say couple of easy tweaks to your setup would yield great results.

I look forward to your next one.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

gingertilly18

thanks for the replies, and yeah i need to work on making my recording more professional  ;D i only have the memory card the Br 600 came with so i kept gettin "memory card full" when i was putting more guitars to fill the song out  :-[
i have purchased a 1gb memory card and await its arrival. i am just bashing out my ideas and hope that my performance gets better in doing so, i hope to re-record my songs this month. i recently had to sell my electric drumkit due to major cutbacks at work  :( but i will be getting my acoustic kit from home in the coming months but i enjoy the solo acoustic stuff tbh.

thanks!

michael

SteveG

Nice song, but I agree with Ted. A bit more care while recording and a bit of time spent on production would transform this. Once you get the technique down it is no extra hassle, and learning how is time very well spent. I hope you decide to redo it once you have the new card.

danieldesete

I like it raw michael, great vox going on. could apply for the rolling stones fest IMO

thanks for sharing

daniel
hou hou ha ha