Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

by Zeus yes...St Thomas (what happened to your capitol letters button Jim?)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Note: The following is now obsolete. Please see the updated instructions here instead.

How to get your song added to the festival jukeboxes:

You must put the name of the festival in the subject of your message.

Ideally, the festival name should be first in the subject, followed by the title of the song.

So, for example, if you've recorded a brilliant cover of "Silent Night" for YuleFest and the subject of your message is "My favourite Christmas song", it will not be added to the YuleFest jukebox. If you want it to be added to the YuleFest jukebox, you should change the subject to:

YuleFest - "Silent Night"

Optionally, you can put additional text at the end. For example:

YuleFest - "Silent Night" - My favourite Christmas song

If your post is meant for more than one festival, you can put all of the festival names in the subject.

YuleFest, ComedyFest, DylanFest - "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" (sung Dylan-style)

Or, if you prefer, put just one of the festival names in the subject and state the others in the text of your message.

There have been several posts recently that seem like they should be in YuleFest but the poster did not indicate that he/she wants their song included in the festival jukebox. If you've posted a song that you would like to be added to a festival jukebox, please edit your message to add the festival name. When I see the festival name in the subject, I'll add the song to the jukebox.

It makes it a lot easier for me if I can quickly scan the subjects of my unread messages each day and determine which songs I need to add to the jukeboxes. I don't have time to read every message and listen to every song to decide which ones I need to add to the jukeboxes - especially at this busy time of year. And besides, it's possible that someone could post a song that they don't want in the festival jukeboxes. So I need you to tell me when you want your song added to a jukebox by putting the festival name in the subject.

Of course, your song still has to be appropriate for the named festival. If you post a cover of "Smoke On The Water" and add "YuleFest" to the subject, I'm not going to add it to the YuleFest jukebox because it's clearly not a Christmas song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

I'd like to suggest a 'SuggestFest'. No, hear me out.... :D

Like, under no obligation and all that, it would be cool if members requested other members to cover songs. Either via PM's or a board, I dunno. Provide links for tabs or chord charts or something. I have no musical talent what so ever, so I'd need the chords....I'm sure you all catch my drift....

If any of our Admin team read this, I'll happily give a few examples....

henwrench would very much like to SuggestFest that Mr(s) 64Guitars does play the 'Coronation Street' theme...

henwrench would very really be pleased if a certain Mr cuthbert do renditions of 'Take It Easy' by them Eagles..

henwrench would do some kind of back flip if Geir was kind enough to play 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton John

...and, like, if this was for real, I'd provide linkage for tabs and chords and lyrics and the such.

BUT!!!!! the recipient of the SuggestFest, er, suggests, would be UNDER NO PRESSURE TO DO 'EM....

I hope somebody will understand my terrible SuggestFest idea....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

geir doing i'm still standing............i'd pay for that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

i suggest henwrench does  "the wild eyed boy from freecloud" uno it makes sense
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on May 10, 2013, 04:42:41 PMI'd like to suggest a 'SuggestFest'. No, hear me out.... :D

Not a bad idea. I'll certainly add it to our list of suggestions for future festivals.

Quotehenwrench would very much like to SuggestFest that Mr(s) 64Guitars does play the 'Coronation Street' theme...

That's a challenge I accept (when I find the time to work on it). I love doing TV themes. They're short, so they don't take as long to learn and record. And they're often instrumentals, which suits me because I don't sing. Of the few songs I've done on my own, my favourite is my cover of the Doctor Who theme. It was great fun to learn and to record, and it didn't take all that long. One of these days, we must have a TV Themes fest. It's been in the polls many times but always gets beaten by a more popular choice.

Quotehenwrench would very really be pleased if a certain Mr cuthbert do renditions of 'Take It Easy' by them Eagles..

henwrench would do some kind of back flip if Geir was kind enough to play 'I'm Still Standing' by Elton John

Yes! I would love to hear those too.

A somewhat-related topic was started years ago by Greeny:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=939.0

It was entirely because of that topic that I covered Roy Orbison's "Oh, Pretty Woman" with oldrottenhead.

I think it would be great if more people added their covers wish lists to that topic. If there are any songs within my capabilities and interests, I'd be glad to collaborate with any members. Hopefully, others will too. You should probably indicate which parts of the songs you want to do yourself and which parts you'd like someone else to do.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

Quote from: henwrench on May 10, 2013, 04:42:41 PMI'd like to suggest a 'SuggestFest'. No, hear me out.... :D

I think it's a great idea! I could see how it could possibly become overwhelming if there were multiple requests - but as long as it's voluntary whether or not you decide to do it, I think there's no pressure.

Quote from: henwrench on May 10, 2013, 04:42:41 PMhenwrench would very really be pleased if a certain Mr cuthbert do renditions of 'Take It Easy' by them Eagles..

I would never have thought of doing this song, myself...but now that you suggested, I'd really like to take a crack at it someday!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase