another try

Started by Scorpios, January 03, 2008, 09:10:15 PM

Scorpios

Z34V8_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Same situation as last recording, this time I tried micing the drums from a different placement with the internal mic, and recorded the first 2 guitars and bass with the mic, lead guitars are line in. I mastered/converted to mp3 on the micro br and need to learn how to chop off parts obviously by the start of things.

Pedro

I can't believe no one as commented this one already. This is very very cool. I really dig the sounds you're making. The music you are posting is very much alike the music I usually listen to. This one reminds me a Kyuss jam.

Also this is a prove that the built-in mic is very versatile and doesn't distort that much at high SPL.

Thanks for sharing Scorpios.

Mr. Scar

hey man, that's cool stuff. must be fun having drum kit. did you apply any compression in recording process? anyone know if the BR has compression?

Pedro

Quote from: Mr. Scar on January 08, 2008, 07:11:56 PMhey man, that's cool stuff. must be fun having drum kit. did you apply any compression in recording process? anyone know if the BR has compression?

Micro BR has compression, yes. Its in the FX bank. Press EFFECTS, then EDT, then FX, then use - or + to find Compressor.

I have a drum kit too, it's awesome, specially for jamming with your friends. Makes a lot of noise though.

Scorpios

Thanks, glad you liked it. I am familiar with Kyuss, but never really listened to them, I grew up on Black Sabbath though which sort of explains this track.

I did use a mastering toolkit for Compression etc when I converted it to MP3, also for a lot of the stuff I have been using the "distance" patch for the microphone, including the drums.

I am really eager to get that Sony stereo mic I ordered, though it's from someone in Japan on Ebay, so I guess with the holidays etc I can expect to wait another week and hope it arrives. Having the drums in stereo will probably motivate me to practice drums a bit more.

Pedro

QuoteThanks, glad you liked it. I am familiar with Kyuss, but never really listened to them, I grew up on Black Sabbath though which sort of explains this track.

Ahaha, yes.

QuoteHaving the drums in stereo will probably motivate me to practice drums a bit more.

Today I recorded my drums with a stereo microphone like the Sony and it sounded great. A much more "free" sound. Must be careful with the toms though. They make the mic distort easily.

Oldrottenhead

118. bigger than led zeppelin.
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi i did a vocal over this and posted it in the wrong topic so here it is here now. scorpios would it be okay if i posted it on the nevermet sight at soundclick.
Quotehi, i redid the lyrics on your track and recorded a vocal with two backing vocals more wailing than vocals lol. all effects done with the micro inbuilt mic. then mastered with live mix effect setting. mp3 put on pc and fade in and out done with cool edit pro. if you like it i can post it on my soundclick page obviously giving you credit. here are the lyrics if anyone else wants to try singing them onto your original recording, i am sure there are much better singers out there than me.

Bigger Than Led Zeppelin

Hey hello come on in
Sit right down and join right in
Well my neighbours
They came round the other day
And said can you put your drums away
I said hey man whats your gripe
You know I  only play in the middle of the night
They said come on man  we've got young kids
They're in that room right through from you
I said man I'm building up a fanbase
Come on bring em on through

They came back  said I could only play
After checking that they where away
And I said man that's just no good
I need an audience to get me in the mood

Well it wasn't long
Till that's what I had
Twenty state troopers
And fifty national guard
There they where
All lined up in my yard
They where the toughest audience I 've ever had
But I was gonna turn them around
Make em feel the groove
And move with the sound

There was no baton charge
Or tear gas round
Man them boys where diggin' it
They all where getting' down
Hey man I had an audience
To which I could relate
Hey you know something
It was fuckin' great

Now, my neighbours
Give me no grief
In fact their kids are in my band
We practice in the garden
And are heard throughout the land
People come from far and wide
Just to hear our sound
We've been thinking about touring
But we can't get through the crowds
Maybe we'll just stay and play
And let them come to us
Then we won't need no roadies
Or big ole touring bus
And now we're on the internet
As people spread the word
We're bigger than led zeppelin...... then I woke up
Don't know what I was drinking last night
Phoo.. wooeeeee......

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Jim, WTF, this is fantastic.......On This Day BUMP.....I really love this song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

jings this was ages ago lmao
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann