A Daft Question re string tension

Started by The Reverend 48, August 17, 2009, 04:35:04 AM

upsetminded

I guess I'm playing with fire...Left my guitar in the truck today for a few hours.  Couldn't bring it in to the office because I plan to sneak out for lunch to play and not come back.... ::)It's in the shade though and not likely to get warmer than 24 C. today. (Brought the tuner though)
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

guitarron

Quote from: upsetminded on September 14, 2009, 09:53:14 AMI guess I'm playing with fire...Left my guitar in the truck today for a few hours.  Couldn't bring it in to the office because I plan to sneak out for lunch to play and not come back.... ::)It's in the shade though and not likely to get warmer than 24 C. today. (Brought the tuner though)
very bad for acoustics

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tony

Quote from: guitarron on September 15, 2009, 06:31:59 AM
Quote from: upsetminded on September 14, 2009, 09:53:14 AMI guess I'm playing with fire...Left my guitar in the truck today for a few hours.  Couldn't bring it in to the office because I plan to sneak out for lunch to play and not come back.... ::)It's in the shade though and not likely to get warmer than 24 C. today. (Brought the tuner though)
very bad for acoustics

Very bad for sandwiches too. I hope you didn't leave your lunch in the car all morning.  It would have tasted awful.

Davo

Quote from: launched on September 14, 2009, 07:24:19 AM
Quote from: Davo on September 14, 2009, 03:08:18 AMSome guitars seem very prone to this.  I only have a problem if im standing in front of an air duct.

Q: Where's Davo?
A: He's hangin' around the air duct again  :D
Where else would I be, its hot around here.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Davo

This kills acoustics, dont do it.  Electrics seem to handle heat better.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe