Shine on 48 (Challenge)

Started by The Reverend 48, August 13, 2009, 09:41:28 AM

The Reverend 48

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I am really fired up after listening to Steve G's Heavy challenge and how dynamic the backer sounded, I spent some time panning and mastering the backer before I added my guitar on  a pair of stereo tracks and again panned to L25-R25...and final master I think I've ended up with a far better production than I normally get, what do you production gurus think.......

BTW its on my Gold Top P90s with my favourite patch Big Strum ;) 8)
Thanks for the tips SteveG and Saijinn for giving us "Shine on"
I really enjoyed it :D

Tony W

I can't say enough good things about this take Mike. This track has a soul overload. I'm going to weep in the corner for a while now.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveG

Wow...

Just wow...

Bass leaping out fom my cans, fantastic tone, bloody good playing.

Im scared to try this one now. Gonna have to leave it a while or I wii just e copying you :D

Nice one, the extra effort on the mix / master paid off bigtime!

Saijinn Maas

Your feeling was right on! Great take.

I'll have to post mine tonight after work now. I'm a bit behind. ;)

StevieM

Nice one Mike!!
I was thinking of having a go at this too, but not so sure now. Like Steve, have to leave it a while now ;D
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Satchwood

Great job Mike!!!  Awesome production in my book with super tone!!!

Awesome Les Paul playing to honor Mr Les Paul himself!!!!!  May he rest in peace..................

"Les Paul set a standard for musicianship and innovation that remains unsurpassed. He was the original guitar hero, and the kindest of souls."  quote from Joe Satriani
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Dont know what to say.........

Apart from "F*CKING SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!"

You took this challenge and sent it into space Bro!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

I just got an Epiphone les-paul standard.... You make me want to play it!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I posted on this earlier - I know I did!! Anyway, it was killer!! Sounded great!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SE

Just wonderful guitar playing just top of the tree just so big and what great tone great job!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Wiley

Ha Awesome job!! P??? (60's)   Love it  will download as soon as I clean my computer out.  Telling me no more room.
P.J.