Footy

Started by Tangled Wires, August 13, 2009, 03:39:13 AM

Tangled Wires

Quote from: side effect on August 13, 2009, 11:01:39 AMWe play Arsenal in the Champions league next week at home first and then in London the big question up here is do you watch the game or go to see U2  cause they are on the same night. I think if you check ebay their will a few tickets for sale for the U2 gig.

I am off to see U2 at Wembley Stadium tomorrow night, so will let you know if it is worth sacrificing the football for!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ianjm

Im probably the only port vale fan on here.....

Went to Sheffield utd the other night to watch the vale lads dump the blades out of the cup..  What a night, the only problem now is me voice is fucked....

Greeny

Quote from: side effect on August 13, 2009, 11:01:39 AMWe play Arsenal in the Champions league next week at home first and then in London the big question up here is do you watch the game or go to see U2  cause they are on the same night. I think if you check ebay their will a few tickets for sale for the U2 gig.

There's plenty of football matches in a season, but not so many U2 gigs. I'd base my decision on that.

I went to see U2 on their Elevation tour in around 2000 at Earl's Court, and they were mind-blowingly good. They are so tight as a band, and they played the first song with the lights up - just the 4 of them on the stage like it was a practice jam session. I was blown away, which is suprising, because I liked them in the New Years Day era, but lost a fair bit of respect later on. Funny thing is, I still listen to Under a Blood Red Sky reguarly - I really like that set list they play on it. And I still find myself playing Edge-influenced stuff on guitar, so I think their songs go pretty deep.

They are damn good live - you won't be disappointed.

SE

Now your swaying me Greeny, the Edge has one of the best guitar styles in the last twenty years that big rerverb sound with those long single notes just do it for me I,m sure it will be still sold out.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Tangled Wires

Quote from: side effect on August 15, 2009, 04:57:10 PMNow your swaying me Greeny, the Edge has one of the best guitar styles in the last twenty years that big rerverb sound with those long single notes just do it for me I,m sure it will be still sold out.

I was at Wembley Stadium on Friday night to see them, and it was a fantastic show. When you see them live you really just do appreciate how good the Edge is and how much of a factor he has been on making U2 what they are. Highlights for me were Elevation and Vertigo which were both immense live. Would definately recommend it if you can get a ticket.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Migs

Quote from: SteveG on August 13, 2009, 06:13:11 AMHate football ..... now Rugby, that's a proper game :)

Correct !!!!!
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !