Footy

Started by Tangled Wires, August 13, 2009, 03:39:13 AM

Tangled Wires

Not at all music related i know but, with the English Premiership starting this weekend just wondered if their were any fellow football fans here, and what teams you follow. Despite being an Essex boy, I am a lifelong Manchester City fan who has seen plenty of ups and downs over the years, although with the current influx of cash at the club this could all change (I live in hope!!)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I'm football mad. I love watching it, but I love playing it more. You'll hate me for the team I've supported for 32 years though. Yes... you guessed it: Man Utd. I've taken stick for supporting them for a long time (because I'm a West Sussex boy), but there are certain things in life that you can't change.

Man City should do pretty well if Sparky can get the team to gel. It's tough for me having my all-time favourite Man Utd player in charge there!

Tangled Wires

Spooky that, i have been a City fan for 33 years, which odly was the last time they won a major honour (1976 League Cup). The reason I supported them was that my favourite player, Colin Bell, played for them.

I still play the odd 5-a-side game, but retired from 11 a side football about 10 years ago now (too many injuries!!)

Despite losing Ronalso and Tevez, I still see Utd as the team to beat this year again, although was pretty shocked by the signing of Micheal Owen, but it could turn out to be a Fergie masterstroke!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on August 13, 2009, 04:02:57 AMI'm football mad. I love watching it, but I love playing it more. You'll hate me for the team I've supported for 32 years though. Yes... you guessed it: Man Utd. I've taken stick for supporting them for a long time (because I'm a West Sussex boy), but there are certain things in life that you can't change.

Man City should do pretty well if Sparky can get the team to gel. It's tough for me having my all-time favourite Man Utd player in charge there!

You sir are a turncoat and a charlatan. As a West Sussex boy (like me), there is only ONE team you can support, Brighton & Hove Albion. Supporting namby pamby 1st Division/Premiership teams is not real football. Going through the highs and lows of BHA from 1970 to today is real football supporting! Don't tell me you never stood on the terraces of the Goldstone Ground and watched the glory of Peter O'Sullivan's 70s moustache and hairdo?

Premiership? Pah. All handbags and hairgel. Give me the glories of League 1 anyday. Although I have to admit my son is an Arsenal supporter and going to the Emirates is like being wafted to heaven compared to going to see Brighton at the Withdean, ahem, Stadium.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Nigel,

Supporting Manchester City has had the advantage of experiencing Premiership/Championship and League 1 football in the last ten years!!

Whenever I think of Brighton I think of the 1983 Cup Final, with the immortal commentary line...

"and Smith must score!"

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

And how he did not remains a mystery to us all. That actually was the name of a Brighton fanzine for may years, and may still be for all I know.

Indeed, Man City have had a few highs and lows. This season will be very interesting, I hope the potential is fulfilled.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

I can't believe I can't even get away from Blues even on here :'( :P
I live in the "Red" side of Manchester ( well Salford to be precise) only 3 miles from Old Trafford "The Theater of Dreams" ;)
Manchester United World Champions (offically) :D

SteveG

Hate football ..... now Rugby, that's a proper game :)

Geir

Quote from: 48 on August 13, 2009, 05:57:48 AMI can't believe I can't even get away from Blues even on here :'( :P
I can't believe I can't even get away from football even on here :'( :P
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

upsetminded

Arsenal boy here.  Growing up in Canada didn't get many games, but always seem to be able to watch them the day after on Sunday mornings
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor