New Girl in Class...

Started by Foggers, August 11, 2009, 12:24:03 PM

Hi

I have owned a Micro BR for about 2 years and have only used it for capturing ideas when noodling around looking for arrangements for songs. So I feel like I have this Rolls Royce gadget that I am using like a roller skate or something.

So I decided it was time to get on=line and go in search of wisdom in order to explore and use it's mighty and versatile powers. I am completely non techie so need to know really basic stuff and can see that there is lots I can pick up on this fine site.

Biographical info - middle aged, in the Midlands of England.

And now for the musician info - I play finger-style guitar, 5 string banjo (badly - still learning basics) Appalachian dulcimer and used to play double bass a LONG time ago (I have a Uke on order too).

So learning to multi-track so that I can be a One Woman String Band is my goal in life.....

SteveG

You are in the right place to learn how to use MBR, loads of friendly helpful ppl here :D

So, you got anything recorded? Always up for a bit of acoustic picking.....

Flash Harry

Hello Foggers, you've come to the right place, many of are middle-aged and some more so!

We're a friendly bunch and you've just got to join in. There's loads going on. Have fun

Cheers

Mike
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

cuthbert

Welcome Foggers! This really is the place to be.

I play the uke as well! (and other instruments, none with great skill)  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Wiley

Hey foggers welcome aboard!!  Yes please post some,  I get very lonely in here sometimes.  doesn' seem to be to many of us females.  Just strut your stuff and they will all behave. I am P.J. and am from Iowa.  You will get a lot of input here and tons of help and information also. Again Welcome
P.J>

Bluesberry

A big welcome from Atlantic Canada.

QuoteAnd now for the musician info - I play finger-style guitar, 5 string banjo (badly - still learning basics) Appalachian dulcimer and used to play double bass a LONG time ago (I have a Uke on order too).
I am really looking forward to hearing some of your music, this sounds really super.  The microBR records fingerstyle acoustic very well with just the onboard mic, and good placement, just takes some playing around to get it how you like it to sound.  Lots of examples on here of this kind of stuff that came out really good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Welcome aboard! reading through this forum has helped me tremendously:

https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br/0/

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

Hello there!

We are a little low on girls so a new girl is always a good thing ;D

If you really want to learn you've come to the right place!

Your gonna love this place, it's great! Now lets hear some recordings!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

launched

Welcome from the US! This place is really fun and there's lots of cool music to listen to. You can even collaborate with other people, which is the greatest!

Stick around and make sure you have fun!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

This is a great place to share your ideas and get some friendly feedback.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover