So this is how my vacation went

Started by Tony W, August 11, 2009, 07:45:10 AM

Tony W

Thanks everyone for the encouraging replies. Now if I could somehow get music to pour out of that cabin.. but that too is a work in progress.

Osckilo, its probably smaller than it appears. It is a 5 second cabin. from the time I fart everyone inside knows about it in 5 seconds.

Davo, I was stationed in 29 Palms for a year and half total, and had some great times in Big Bear. Very beautiful country.

Bosko, I agree Austin is a bit hot for something like that. I spent 2 days driving across texas in a Uhaul years back. Unfortunately I got the truck with no AC.

PJ, I have a bathroom complete with shower! I have left records in there, but have not done any recording ;D I don't find it surprising that you are right in the middle of all of us PJ!

SteveG I hate leaving the place, but it's close enough that I go up on the weekends. It certainly is something to look forward too during the week.

The cabin is actually longer than my house. It is 52ft x 12ft (15.8M x 3.6M)and seemingly growing every year. I was going to build my own Cabin after researching the price, I looked on Ebay for Log siding and found that cabin, and it was only a 3 hour drive to see it. I bought it the day I saw it. The price was entirely too good to pass up. I saved $40,000 US on it from comparable models.

I added the sun room which the deck is attached to after I moved it to my lot. Getting the tall end up in the air was scary as hell. It stands 10 feet off the ground (think basketball rim). I had to build the foundation as I jacked it upwards 3 inches at a time.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: wiley on August 11, 2009, 06:46:18 PMYou need to get a toilet seat in the corner.LOL  I try to make the music pour out. LOL

Ewww! Bad segue, wiley!   :o  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pine

Any time you spent on that deck will pay you back ten fold. Don't know how i ever got along without one. I put an "easy up" tent on it for hot summer days and love to sit under it in the rain. The roll out awnings are even better but too costly for me at the moment. Nice place Tony!
recorder
Boss BR-1200