string problems!

Started by Bro, August 09, 2009, 08:14:26 AM

guitarron

on electrics
11's sound great but are too much for my aging wrists
been using 10's for years now-i lilke the feel of 9's but start sounding a bit thin

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Sprocket on August 10, 2009, 12:11:09 PM[launched]
Go with the 10s, go with the 10s!!!
Your plan is going from one extreme to another...try the 10s first, Im pretty sure youll be content.

Quote from: AndyR on August 10, 2009, 12:25:08 PMI agree with Sprocket, Launched, try 10s first - you'll be flapping about all over the place going from 11s to 9s

I got 10's and 9's. I'll take your advice, guys and put the 10's on first.

Quote from: SteveG on August 10, 2009, 03:41:10 PMI tried the 8's. Didn't hate 'em, but went back to 9's next time.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an 8...

Thanks,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveG

Quote from: Geir on August 11, 2009, 03:30:10 AM9 or 10 electric, 11 acoustic ...

I find those Elixir nanoweb strings are worth the double price. At least on guitars you don't use everyday. They last for ages!!!

Been tempted to try them, but the price ...........

Sprocket

Quote from: Geir on August 11, 2009, 03:30:10 AMI find those Elixir nanoweb strings are worth the double price. At least on guitars you don't use everyday. They last for ages!!!

I think the bold highlight part gets ignored.

If you play often and the guitar gets heavy use, nothing beats new strings and often...I wouldnt recommend these for that type of use.
For one its not cost effective...the string price is often more than double.
In my opinion, there is alot trade off for a set of strings that wont corrode as soon...I dont want to beat the product up, because there is a need/use for them.

But a simple $6 can of "Fast Fret" will last you forever and can make a normal set of your favorite strings last(and sound good) much longer than without.

launched

I use Dr. Stringfellow - Great stuff, but watch out for the creepy guy on the bottle!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

guitarron

Quote from: SteveG on August 11, 2009, 08:11:03 AM
Quote from: Geir on August 11, 2009, 03:30:10 AM9 or 10 electric, 11 acoustic ...

I find those Elixir nanoweb strings are worth the double price. At least on guitars you don't use everyday. They last for ages!!!

Been tempted to try them, but the price ...........
been using them for years on my acoustics-work rael well

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder