Who Would Pay $32,000 for a Regular Old Guitar in a Catalog?

Started by launched, August 07, 2009, 12:17:09 PM

launched

I was looking at a Guitar Center mini catalog I just got in the mail, and saw an authentic D-28 Martin replica for $39,999. They were gracious enough to mark it down to $31,999. Thank god - otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it :D

So I got on the website to see some better photos, but it wasn't listed. Only 50 were made, so I'm sure they sold out within minutes. I did find one for 21K, though. Much better bargain.

And this one can be purchased with a Preferred Player Card payment of, you guessed it, 666 dollars a month. See, the world is coming to an end...

I could see where somebody would pay 40K for a guitar that was smashed by the Who. And the best ones are given away - Frank Zappa had the guitar Hendrix burned onstage, and gave it away to Dweezil. It was promptly restored and auctioned off after daddy died... Waste.

Anyway...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Sprocket

Im curious whod buy a $32k acoustic from a catalog?
"Nope, no need to try it out! Just mail it to me."

cuthbert

Mark - I got that catalog today, too! I missed the $32K Martin re-issue, though...

Nope, I wouldn't pay $32K for any guitar. But I wouldn't mind being in the club of those who could (outside of the $666/mo club, that is - Mark o' the Beast).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on August 07, 2009, 01:07:26 PMMark - I got that catalog today, too! I missed the $32K Martin re-issue, though...

I don't doubt it - a seventy or so page catalog with only 6 pages of guitars in it. Guitar Center??!??!?? More like accessory and useless trinkets center...
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

It would want to be able to play it's self and make me breakfast for that much money....

A shop down the road from me was selling a cello bow for £2000.....

WHY SO EXPENSIVE?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Sprocket

Quote from: launched on August 07, 2009, 01:27:17 PMI don't doubt it - a seventy or so page catalog with only 6 pages of guitars in it. Guitar Center??!??!?? More like accessory and useless trinkets center...

I used to really dig getting these catalogs...but now Im to the point where they have NOTHING I want.

launched

Quote from: osckilo on August 07, 2009, 01:36:08 PMIt would want to be able to play it's self and make me breakfast for that much money....

You made me breakfast with your guitar, T - when I listened to that song this morning!

Quote from: Sprocket on August 07, 2009, 01:38:45 PM
Quote from: launched on August 07, 2009, 01:27:17 PMI don't doubt it - a seventy or so page catalog with only 6 pages of guitars in it. Guitar Center??!??!?? More like accessory and useless trinkets center...

I used to really dig getting these catalogs...but now Im to the point where they have NOTHING I want.

I know what you mean. I already have a tuner, 400 picks, a guitar strap and spare strings. And I've already gone through the pedal buying stage...
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Quote from: launched on August 07, 2009, 01:46:40 PM
Quote from: osckilo on August 07, 2009, 01:36:08 PMIt would want to be able to play it's self and make me breakfast for that much money....

You made me breakfast with your guitar, T - when I listened to that song this morning!

That will be $37,000 please...... :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Quote from: osckilo on August 07, 2009, 02:06:45 PM
Quote from: launched on August 07, 2009, 01:46:40 PM

That will be $37,000 please...... :)

I'll cutcha a check...
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

I saw that too and was wondering WTF?  ???

But then I saw a show last night where a guy won $84 million in  a lottery and started his own record label just to try to sign some chick who was on American Idol or something.

I guess there's always someone out there with some spare cash laying around.

I need a new acoustic too, but my budget is a little lower.  :-[
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover