Signal

Started by madrab, August 05, 2009, 01:34:44 PM

Jim1970

Damm this is good!!  A real Bottle neck, how cool is that!
Love the Slide and the effects in the background!!
 JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

wow this is like frippertronics bloody great
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hooper

A unique-sounding recording. Very interesting....
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

knniggits

The feedback sounds awesome with that slide,very atmospheric.
When you say standard D tuning what exactly are you tuning too? I'd love totry slide guitar.
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Facemask93

This is UNIQUE , i have never , ever , heard anything quite like the guitar sound you have acheived with this setup , and the feedback makes it even better , great track , well done

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

StevieM

This, I like!!!! Sort of 'Echoes' type feeling, just ddddriiiiiffffftttt to it!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

madrab

Standard D-tuning is (low strings to high): DADGbAD — an E-chord, tuned down.
Thanks for calling it unique as well as mentioning Ry Cooder, he is a master. Nothing bad about Pink Floyd, but they have never really really won my heart.
I had just been to a concert with Neil Young (feedback, sound larger than life) and Seasick stevie (acoustic distorted slide). Considering the price of tickets it is  a comfort if it had an effect.
And what made me listen to it again, was when I dug up Daniel Lanois' Acadia. The kaosilator can be used a bit like he used the omnichord.
But when i played I was thinking about Neil Young's theme to Dead Man.

I did a version of the tune in E, just acoustic and without slide at my kitchen table a time ago, then recorded a Rabab in the background. Bad quality and you can hear my wife in the end. Have a listen:
https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/proto-signal/0/

Satchwood

I really dig the feedback your getting on this cool guitar instrumental!!

Slide-city-signal-embellishments - very cool!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

Absolutely love this.  Great tone. Great repetition. Subtle Kaossilator (I love that patch).  I think it's great that folks aren't confined to the western pop song on this site.

Now perhaps some spoken-word addition about binding undergarments, but perhaps I reveal too much.

Really unique.

Blooby

mr2kewl

wicked cool sond out of an acoustic.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra