Do I go ?

Started by Migs, August 04, 2009, 06:11:47 PM

AndyR

I'm with the people saying no as well - I just wouldn't feel right being there.

(Of course, I ought to point out that I hate weddings anyway, if I could have got out of mine and still got married I would have done! :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

I'd have to say 'no way' on this one. I'm very suprised you were invited in the first place! You can take it as a message of peace and your ex just being friendly, or a message of "come and see how happy I am without you!".

Either way, I'd steer clear and spend the money you would have spent on a present on a bottle of Jack Daniels or a new effects pedal. Lol.

Sprocket

Let me be the one to say "Id GO!"
Seriously, if shes dumb enough to invite you, then go.
In my opinion shes trying to get to you, or to make herself feel better.
And moving around the corner from you...Id certainly go.
You said youd moved on, does this mean with a new mate? If so bring her!
If not, then go and bang one of her bridesmaids...but make it a good shag, so good that her friend will be talking about you for weeks, months or even years.

Id go for the free food and booze(and loose women)...then give a toast to the bride and groom!
WTF was she thinking????

Bluesberry

If you do go, make sure you write a song about the experience!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

I might not be the most experienced to answer this question, but I'll have a go.

I think it depends how good friends you guys are, if you don't really talk than just show up and enjoy the free alcohol, and than just bring some shit of a present or something. On the other hand it could easily get pretty weird.
Really i'd go, say congrats, and get drunk and have a good time!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

launched

Quote from: Sprocket on August 05, 2009, 08:24:01 AMLet me be the one to say "Id GO!"
Seriously, if shes dumb enough to invite you, then go.
In my opinion shes trying to get to you, or to make herself feel better.
And moving around the corner from you...Id certainly go.
You said youd moved on, does this mean with a new mate? If so bring her!
If not, then go and bang one of her bridesmaids...but make it a good shag, so good that her friend will be talking about you for weeks, months or even years.

Id go for the free food and booze(and loose women)...then give a toast to the bride and groom!
WTF was she thinking????

Finally someone agrees with me! And, if they are living up the road, you need to keep the peace. What if you need to borrow a torque wrench or something?

I can't comment on the bridesmaid thing, cause, you know...

Mark

Oh yeah, and like BB said - write a song about it afterwards...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

With the mix of Booze, feelings and the old "was he as good as me syndrome" on the part of the groom, shit could happen...

Or you could end up balls deep again, and that would just be too much for everybody to handle....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Sprocket

Quote from: osckilo on August 05, 2009, 12:48:51 PMWith the mix of Booze, feelings and the old "was he as good as me syndrome" on the part of the groom, shit could happen...

Or you could end up balls deep again, and that would just be too much for everybody to handle....

Ah, its the grooms wedding...if he wants to ruin his own wedding day then let him, "Migs certainly wouldnt have done that." All the more reason to go.

Hehe, you said "balls deep", like it would be a bad thing.  :D
No commitment, she lives around the corner, house calls could be possible...

Of course Im kidding(kinda) but in all seriousness...as a 36 y.o. Id go, Id go and Id make the best of whatever should happen, and have a great time.
Launched makes good positive points about her living near by...and she did invite you, and probably for good reason...youre probably a really good guy.

Who knows, maybe there will be an ex-boyfriends section you can sit in and you all can compair notes and do a lil color commentary between eachother...kinda "Mystery Science Theater" meets "Silent Library".

Once again, I think you should go...no matter what happens you will have a great time. And good things will come of it.

[edit]If it was my ex wife's wedding...Id certainly pass, but would wipe the RSVP with my ass...just to let her know I wouldnt be attending. 

OsCKilO

"Balls deep" can be a very bad place sometimes....

Just watch out for CCTV......

Naughty, Naughty.......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR