Do I go ?

Started by Migs, August 04, 2009, 06:11:47 PM

Migs

I had a "discussion" with some people yesterday and need a second opinion so have come to you wise people.

I went to my letterbox on Monday and hidden among the bills, bank statements and junk mail was a wedding invitation.  I don't mind a good wedding – a bit of a drink, chicks tend to do themselves up so look ok and people are generally in a good mood.  However, this is my ex girlfriend's wedding and I have a general policy that I don't go to the wedding of anyone I have seen naked, much less lived with.

Is it just me who thinks this way?
Does it make a difference how much water has passed under the bridge ?
Does it make a difference who was the dumper and who was the dumpee ?
Does it matter that I don't have someone more attractive than her to take along.?

AND the groom seems like a decent chap, and from all accounts likes me, but I really don't want to buy him a wedding present.

I have 2 weeks before I need to RSVP.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

SteveG

Personally I would not go, shit kicks off at weddings and funerals, all that booze and family/"friends" shoved together. Would be worried that I would end up brawling, but that's me.....

Of course, If I had a drop dead gorgeous piece of arm candy to take with me.......

launched

It depends on whether you have to bring somebody with you - It's tougher to disappear if you have arm baggage.

If you can go stag, then do it!! A half hour of stuffy discomfort for free booze and tasty eats. Dance with the old ladies for a little bit, get some phone numbers (Or more  ;) ) and haul ass with a full belly.

Life couldn't be better than that!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

guitarron

no
Quote from: Migs on August 04, 2009, 06:11:47 PMthis is my ex girlfriend's wedding

'nuff said put her behind you

no no no no no no no no no no

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Davo

I would not go, perhaps neither of you need the tension/drama that might come with that.

Then there is her family and friends-awkward...
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Migs

Quote from: Davo on August 04, 2009, 07:46:33 PMThen there is her family and friends-awkward...

Ha, yes.  At her father's funeral last year, her mother introduced me to her aunts and grandmother as the boyfriend ... the guy who is now marrying her was standing about a metre away.  That was awkward.

Blooby

Quote from: Migs on August 04, 2009, 06:11:47 PMI have a general policy that I don't go to the wedding of anyone I have seen naked, much less lived with.

I suggest enclosing the above sentiment in your R.S.V.P.

SteveG

Quote from: Blooby on August 04, 2009, 08:34:19 PM
Quote from: Migs on August 04, 2009, 06:11:47 PMI have a general policy that I don't go to the wedding of anyone I have seen naked, much less lived with.

I suggest enclosing the above sentiment in your R.S.V.P.

:D

Ferryman

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Move on.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Migs

Looks like the noes have it.

As for moving on, I have.  I would also have preferred that they didn't buy a house literally around the corner from me last month.