Creating Mp3's Of completed songs.

Started by piljoe, August 04, 2009, 01:18:29 AM

piljoe

Hello All,

Got another Newbie question here, I'm @ the point that I'd like to export a completed tune I've been working on into my computer to burn to disc. I've been pulling my hair out w/ the manual for the last few hrs.

Is it possible to do this without going insane??? (: I've managed to turn a single track of my tune to mp3, but I'd like to do the whole thing (...drums too...)

Any help @ all will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Bill P.
                                        Seattle, WA.

Ferryman

Hi Bill, welcome. First thing is you need to say which Boss recorder you have, because it varies. On the Micro BR (which I have), you go into mastering mode to create a mixed version (a "master") of your recording. This allows you to mix any four V-tracks (on the Micro, it;s more on the other recorders) plus the drums into a stereo recording. Once the song has finished mastering, the Micro BR automatically asks if you want to create an mp3. You just follow the instructions, the mp3 is created on the Micro BR and then you can just transfer it to a PC if you connect up using a USB connector.

Check out the "Tutorials" section of the board under the appropriate recorder area. For the Micro BR, there is a video about mastering here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion/recording-with-boss-micro-br-video-series/0/

If you have a different recorder, check out the other areas to see if there is anything that explains the mastering process. The concept is the same on all the recorders (I think).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

piljoe

Oops, yuo it's the Micro Br, THANK YOU!!! for the advice!!!

launched

Hey Bill - Welcome to the forum!! Good luck with the mastering and come back with questions if you have problems.

...And maybe post the results for us ;)

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me