Hardlock backer

Started by Wiley, August 02, 2009, 02:31:30 PM

Wiley

Hi guys!!
I know this isn't perfect, You know I have only been playing a few months, but I wanted to practice the last few lessons we had, so thought HL's backer would be fun.  48 told us we have to quit talking ga ga language and start making more sentences. And also that we should question and answer ourselves amazing I talk to myself all the time. LOL Anyway it is pretty rough, but wanted to hear some of your comments to see if I am gaining at all!!
Thanks
Wiley

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Blooby

Quote from: wiley on August 02, 2009, 02:31:30 PMI have only been playing a few months.

The above quote kind of freaks me out.

Very melodic.  Not only a great job but a great listen as well.

Blooby

Bluesberry

It has a real smoothness, that is very good.  I really like the way you slide into and out of notes, you do this very naturally, I still struggle to do this properly, I have to remind myself all the time to slide around more.  This sounds just fantastic, really nice and smooth.  It sounds like you are playing this on a Gibson ES-335 (semi-hollow body guitar), Otis Rush would be proud of this playing Wiley.  Not one single wrong note in the whole bunch, I am impressed!  I say you did a very good job here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Quote from: wiley on August 02, 2009, 02:31:30 PMYou know I have only been playing a few months

Let's emphasise that bit....

I said in another thread that you lot will be where I am now in a few months time if you stick at it and do the work, this proves the point! Well done, nicely played.

Bluesberry

Otis Rush, the man who made his ES-335 sing like no other...You keep this up Wiley, you will be playing like this guy before the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOcx14RJGRI

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

PJ
you are the real deal girl

it;s sounds terrific-your phrasing has improved greatly

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StevieM

Go for it PJ!! I'm still playing catch-up ;)
Nice one, again.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

OH geez BluesB  sometimes it feels like I am nocking my head against a wall. And no I don't have a ES-335.  I have a G&L SC2 and was using big strum thats it.  I think I was using my front pickup.  No thats not a ford pickup!!. LOL

OH NO STevieM  You are snapping at my heels big time. Besides we have to plan our next strategy LOL

Thanks guys. I hope you aren't lying to me.!!

Diego Ayala

PJ, your leads sounded very very good - i love that you chose an echo/chorus sound and the chords with the notes extending their sound was excellent.  I think it would be cool to listen to play yourself the backing/rythm on your on terms, and see how it fits your leads!  I downloaded this to give it a try just by using the notes given --- I love rythm most of all, and have not payed too much attention to leads/arpegios except the standards - hoping that 48 will keep on sharing the lessons...  He is teaching all of you quite well - because you are all adding your on sound and still playing the same scale...

Wiley

Diego  I wasn't really trying to play a comprehensive lead. LOL or whatever you call it.  I was really just trying to do what teach said I should. so basicaly just practicing.  But It still gets me where I'm going.  I like the Big strum effect. I play just very basic rythm.   I did download your song and was thinking about the bass but haven't got that far yet.  Maybe tomorrow. thanks
P.J.