1st or 2nd Micro-BR Tune: Part I

Started by Blooby, August 02, 2009, 08:39:32 AM

Blooby

Blooby - 1st Tune
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I noticed some folks were posting their first Micro-BR tunes, so I went digging.  I should mention that I was a weirdo who got a 1600 before the Micro-BR (I probably shouldn't mention that as I find this post embarrassing, especially the plodding choice of drumbeat and crap reverb I left in).

I recall picking the Micro up in Orlando, Florida on the drive from Gainesville to Cocoa Beach to see my mother for the winter holidays.  I sat in a chair in the corner during the morning hours before my brother's family got up/all Hell broke loose.  I also remember getting repeatedly angry at trying to learn how to program the drums.  I notice I gave up halfway through and just left the same pattern (coming in on the wrong measure) until the end.  Pfft.

Bass was courtesy of a Digitech pedal called (I think) the Expression Factory.  Bubbly sounds as well as guitar tones were from a Korg Pandora, which I sold after I had it for a few weeks.  I hated that thing.

I can't recall if this was the first or this one here: https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/1st-or-2nd-micro-br-tune-part-ii-t3875/0/

Blooby

launched

I love your style of playing here - I hear it in some of your other posts, and it's freakin' awesome! Smooth flowing ear candy.

Are you sure you didn't use this pedal?:

Not sure where on this site I found the pic, but it's pretty cool. I printed this for a buddy of mine and now it's on his refrigerator...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Diego Ayala

Blooby, love how you put this song together!  I have not even started messing around w/ the drums on my br900 - have been checking out the microbr as a travel unit - I spend a lot of time on the road - and can see many-many-many advantages to this lil'unit!  Cool!  Wished I would have had one when visiting Mom & Dad and up in the wee hours of the morning - having to go to their garage to play the guitar --- if had me a mbr and one of my electric guitars - could have just sat in the kitchen and cranked it up on my headphones - winter in NE was a bit cold in the garage...  So may be doing me some investment on a mbr!

launched

Quote from: Diego Ayala on August 02, 2009, 09:21:22 AM...So may be doing me some investment on a mbr!...

I bet it's less scary to use than the 900 you have, too, Diego. I love bells and whistles, but sometimes it's nice to just have the basics. I hate to say basics, because the MBR is so feature packed - a powerful unit indeed. Get one....

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

What a monumental guitar jam, I love this, what great tone, what great noodling.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

guitarron

freakin cool-
i like the offsetting clean guitar to the solo dirty guitar-Beckish sounding

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

And another nice one. Maybe we should have started a thread for first tries?

Geir

Pure talent!!!! No simulator needed.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

That's some sh*t hot guitar talent right there. Makes my head spin! Love the contrast with the distorted lead and those little clean country-flavoured licks at the end. Brilliant job. Kinda jazzy but with a bite!