Death Before Sunrise

Started by SteveG, August 01, 2009, 03:19:20 PM

SteveG

Wendy wanted me to post this, so proud of her boy.... We are sat here at the moment listening to their debut album, "Not all who wander are lost", out today on Casket Music.

He is the main songwriter, but has had to stop playing to concentrate on the vocals as they get "A better response when he is leaping around the stage". Now if I could only get him to wash a dish, or keep the din down.........

This is a recent review ....... best review I ever got was "Well, that was crap" :lol:

rockmusic.today.com

Published by richleigh at 3:40 pm under Reviews

Death Before Sunrise 'Hundred Questions, Thousand Answers' is the debut promo release from Cardiff based rock band Death Before Sunrise. The promo features two tracks, and with this release the band shows fantastic signs of promise. The band is currently signed to Casket Music and will later this year release its debut album; if this promo is anything to go by then Death Before Sunrise's debut album should definitely have a lot to offer.

Formed in 2008, Death Before Sunrise has already played a number of high profile shows, establishing a strong fan base throughout South Wales and beyond in the process. Listening to this promo you can hear a fantastic amount of energy coming through in the sound, and this is no doubt something that comes across on the live circuit also. Title track 'Hundred Questions, Thousand Answers' is by far the most powerful of the two tracks present here, second track 'Will There Be A Moment' is still a decent track to listen to though, and with this track the band shows excellent instrumental ability.

What's particularly pleasing about 'Hundred Questions, Thousand Answers' is the way that the band takes a powerful rock sound, and seamlessly integrates elements of screamo into the sound. The cleanly sung vocal sound is prominent here, along with a supreme style of guitar sound, with the screams taking a backseat throughout. The screaming comes through well here, and because it's never the main vocal sound I feel that this works well.

Death Before Sunrise is a quality young rock band, and it'll definitely be interesting to hear what the band can come up with for its debut album. There's fantastic guitar strength here, an excellent vocal sound, and powerful drumbeats also; the band's debut album should surely pack a hefty punch, and 'Lying To Me' which can be heard on the Death Before Sunrise MySpace page also suggests that there'll be a heavy helping of pop-punk fun present on the album also.

There are a lot of excellent Welsh rock bands doing the rounds right now, and Death Before Sunrise is definitely one of them. Expect big things from Death Before Sunrise's debut album, and definitely do check this band out live if you get the opportunity.

Rating: 4/5

Heres the link to the review....

http://rockmusic.today.com/2009/07/05/death-before-sunrise-hundred-questions-thousand-answers-review/

And their Myspace page...

http://www.myspace.com/deathbeforesunriseband

OsCKilO

You must be a very proud man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

You raised a good one!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Just listening to the second track now....

He writes and sings these songs?

They are amazing!

Could you tell that he was going to be this good?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SteveG

He was 13 ish when we got together and just starting to learn. (Smoke on the water on one string). I started him off, but can claim no credit for the hours he spent in his bedroom annoying the hell out of half the neighbourhood! And no, I could not tell at the start. He was one of those students who insist on doing things their way..."But I don't need to alternate pick,I can go real fast just down-strokes" :)
I have no involvement with the band, and we don't always see eye to eye on a lot of things, but I am very happy for him :)

OsCKilO

Well done bro!

Those battles you guys had about "Picking" seems to have let him develop his own style!

It's a Fecking good style at that!

I see alot of the influance coming from the Grey haired punk-rocker, starring at me from his Avatar!

Well done Bro!

You raised a Good One!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

God You must be proud parents!
Its great when any offspring excels but when it something that you share it must be double whammy!.......

guitarron

the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree
you must be very proud-wish i could get my girls to play
awesome band

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

I am amazed!!  How cool is that!!

launched

Will there be a moment - cool song. Excellent, catchy riffs.

Sounds like a serious, intense band - they'll be going places!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover