A chat room?

Started by wiley, July 31, 2009, 10:44:29 AM

Tony W

LOL I wish to work, or at least spend 8 hours in my office so I can afford this "inexpensive" habit. Who can resist an online Jam though?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Tony W on July 31, 2009, 12:26:32 PMLOL I wish to work, or at least spend 8 hours in my office so I can afford this "inexpensive" habit. Who can resist an online Jam though?

I know what you meant :D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveG

It can work, I have seen it on another forum. Gone there now as it was problematical, but possible.

launched

I'm using Ninjam Client right now on their test servers. Simple easy stuff that works like a charm.

No video, but unless you want to show how pretty you are, who cares. It has a chat function too.

Nice...

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

Quote from: launched on July 31, 2009, 01:42:15 PMI'm using Ninjam Client right now on their test servers. Simple easy stuff that works like a charm.

No video, but unless you want to show how pretty you are, who cares. It has a chat function too.

Nice...

Mark
Good thing, I never play with pants on. I'd definitely not be a hidden member.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: launched on July 31, 2009, 01:42:15 PMI'm using Ninjam Client right now on their test servers. Simple easy stuff that works like a charm.

Nice...

Mark

What are you using as an interface?

Blooby

launched

Quote from: Blooby on July 31, 2009, 01:50:29 PM

Nice...

Mark

What are you using as an interface?

Blooby

That was a good find, Bloob.

I just hooked my guitar cable to (Mic In) on my computer. It sounded like shit, so I used the MBR line out to computer line in which worked much better. A guitar|Mic Preamp|Computer Line In should work ok too. There were a bunch of noodlers on there, so everything was cluttered, but the latency isn't too hard to get used to after a few minutes and the controls are simple to operate.

The client installs in 5 minutes and all you have to do is set the audio under options. I see no problem whipping this up on a private server for forum use.

Quote from: Tony W on July 31, 2009, 01:48:43 PM

Nice...

Mark
Good thing, I never play with pants on. I'd definitely not be a hidden member.

(In the voice of Tom Petty)Yeah I'm Freeeeeeeee! Freeee ballin'  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Noooooooo........ The last thing I need here is a chat room. I spend too much time commenting on posts to get any music done as it is. If I start shooting the breeze with you guys I will never play any music!!!

Probably a good idea though.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Ferryman on July 31, 2009, 02:03:23 PMNoooooooo........ The last thing I need here is a chat room. I spend too much time commenting on posts to get any music done as it is. If I start shooting the breeze with you guys I will never play any music!!!

Probably a good idea though.

Cheers,

Nigel

I know what you mean, but how 'bout a jamming chat room?
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

How about a piece of software that turns musical notes into text. We'd have to develop a shortened alphabetical form of communication though. Then we could literally chat with instruments.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR