"The Ballad of Despair and Redemption with a MicroBR, a Shotglass and a Shotgun"

Started by Bluesberry, July 31, 2009, 08:05:15 AM

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

Way cool song BB!
You are a man of multi-talents for sure.
I loved it!
Bravo!

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

Thanks y'all.  I had a blast making this song, and equally a blast reading all the great comments.  And Boscko, your comment about it taking three listens to get into this one, and then your reaction, well I caught your attention, that is cool, thanks for sticking with it.  Inspiration is a funny beast, I read Teds post, couldn't believe it really all the stuff that happened to him, T gave me a push to write a song, and it all just came out, the chord progression first, then the words in a flurry, and the final recording of voice, shotgun and Kaosilator, all in a mad flurry of inspiration (and a few red ales).  I find that whole process so mysterious, another week and maybe I would have had nothing, this particular point in time, and a song pops out of nowhere,  funny stuff.  Thanks all.

And in case anybody was wondering, a kaosilator is a very complicated instrument, that takes many long months of intense study to even make the first tentative note, the set-up alone requires complete solitude for 3 nights of a full moon, this is not something that can be played easily (like by a 7 year old boy), unlike my flippant comment in the song about it being easy to play (Nigel, is that laying it on thick enough to keep folks from running out buying these little wonder boxes?).  We can't let everybody in on the secret!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

Yes, you definitely caught my attention, and this song is now stuck in my head permanently, as, after all was said and done, I listened to it about 7 or 8 times in a row!

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 05, 2009, 09:21:16 AMAnd in case anybody was wondering, a kaosilator is a very complicated instrument, that takes many long months of intense study to even make the first tentative note, the set-up alone requires complete solitude for 3 nights of a full moon, this is not something that can be played easily (like by a 7 year old boy), unlike my flippant comment in the song about it being easy to play (Nigel, is that laying it on thick enough to keep folks from running out buying these little wonder boxes?).  We can't let everybody in on the secret!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

launched

Great song, bro! Sometimes spontaneous ambition brings out the greatest stuff!!

On the kaossilator note, I wish I could find one of Blooby's quotes in a post of his. Something like "I appreciated the comments, but all I did was run my finger over a little pad" :D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Frank53

I've been so far out of the loop lately, just tryin' to climb back in. What a great place to start! This just fabulous, BB! Great creativity, hilarious story, performed perfectly. Lots of laughs, and tons of fun. Wonderful work!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

alsdally

LMFAO!  And all this time I thought you put the damn thing away for awhile!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Truly a top quality song - Can't believe you whizzed through it so quickly. I guess I'm just a snail paced songwriter...

Kick A$$!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover