"The Ballad of Despair and Redemption with a MicroBR, a Shotglass and a Shotgun"

Started by Bluesberry, July 31, 2009, 08:05:15 AM

hooper

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Bluesberry

So many great comments, I am blown away.  Thank you all.  This started out as a lark, a throw-away, but as I got into it I got inspired and kinda serious at making it sound good as well as funny.  Thanks folks.  And thanks Ted for the real life events that inspired this song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

ROTFL !

Great song BB !! And you do sound a little like Ringo on this one .... Do we have all of the Beatles represented here now?

Enjoyed this one A LOT !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jim1970

Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

This was to neat!!  A different side to you a great one. lOL LOL love the shotgun.  I would say out of the box. Your son was fun!! It was great you included him lOL  I'm still smiling. Again this is just great.

Davo

Very cool!  Nice father-son project idea too.

The kaossilator is freakin cool!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ferryman

LOL, I missed this one, loving it. Can only hear some of the words but the middle part is hysterical! And the Kaossilator is great, looks like you got Horny Harold to sneak in and do a quick bit of session work for you!! BTW, your son is a Kaossilator natural.

Great fun and indeed well out of your box. And completely out of your tree!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 04, 2009, 08:02:00 AMI have posted the lyrics in the original post for anybody interested, in case of hearing issues.

Love them! But please don't let everyone know the Kaossilator is easy to play....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Way CoooL BB!!!!  I really enjoyed listening and even got a chuckle or two...I think we can all relate to this song at times........Great job singing dude - excellent harmonies with that Harmony-G!!  Nice Kaosolator solo - your son's gonna be a big start!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bosko Schwartz

OK, admittedly, it took me about 3 listens to really start getting into this, but once I did ...

WHOA!!!

What an awesome, awesome song, BB!!  I love the chord progression and the smooth way you pick it out (in stereo, no less); love the singing melody (how it is sort of monotone at parts, but then you go off, such as in the line, "hit record, I'm doing real fine"); and you probably know what my FAVORITE part is -- that's right, the INSANE KAOSS SOLO!!!  Especially the "freak out" by your son.  That is just ridiculous, in the best possible way.  It's totally not expected but at the same time fits somehow -- all three of the different tones you use, even the trumpet!

EXCELLENT, excellent work, BB!!! ;D ;D ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels