'Underwhelmed' Original by Jemima's Kite

Started by Greeny, July 30, 2009, 06:00:14 AM

Oldrottenhead

QuoteSynergy = When the value of the entire group is greater than it's individual parts.
ive bin saying that to tim and mike for ages along the lines of the sum is greater than the parts but you explained it better cheers for that . hic!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rata-tat-tat

And yet another great tune...from the master of recreation. I swear Tim you must have multiple personalities to be able to play so many diverse styles. It's always a pleasure to open one of your posts. Like a box of chocolates... never know what your gonna get, but your always totally satisfied.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 30, 2009, 05:12:25 PM
QuoteSynergy = When the value of the entire group is greater than it's individual parts.
ive bin saying that to tim and mike for ages along the lines of the sum is greater than the parts but you explained it better cheers for that . hic!

Glad I could help - Sounds like you're having fun. I'm about ready for a totty myself!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

guitarron

Thats some flashy bass playing harry-dancing ing my chair
cool song

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Great driving Tele tones there.  Love the energy here, love the groove.  Its kinda punky.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 08:51:49 PMGreat driving Tele tones there.  Love the energy here, love the groove.  Its kinda punky.

I have a (probably) quite surprising template for my guitar tones / sounds. This song was a big inspiration from the age of 13 on what I wanted to sound like, and it's stuck with me. It's rough and ready but nice and edgy... just what I aim for in most of the JK tracks.

Adam and the Ants - Zerox....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-NfpufPYs

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on July 31, 2009, 02:57:44 AM
Quote from: Bluesberry on July 30, 2009, 08:51:49 PMGreat driving Tele tones there.  Love the energy here, love the groove.  Its kinda punky.

I have a (probably) quite surprising template for my guitar tones / sounds. This song was a big inspiration from the age of 13 on what I wanted to sound like, and it's stuck with me. It's rough and ready but nice and edgy... just what I ain for in most of the JK tracks.

Adam and the Ants - Zerox....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ-NfpufPYs
The secret is finally revealed.  I feel like I just climbed to the top of the mountain and had one of the big secrets revealed.  So Tim, just how do you achieve this tone with the MicroBR, what settings, PUs, Vol/Tone knob settings.  I see what you mean about a tone to strive for, it is wonderful.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

There's no big secrets, and no fiddling with complicated settings. My favourite set up is always to have two panned guitar tracks: one playing the main, base chords, and the other adding some kind of interesting overlay. I tend to use the same two patches for these, but will switch the order around depending on the song:

'MS Dry' and 'DryCrnch'

These are quite abrasive but easy to control tones. I like the guitar parts to be clear in the mix without heaps of distortion or making the chords muddy. These two do that very nicely. And they always sound different, depending on the song, so it's not a limiting thing to do.

I like 'MS Dry' for soloing too, but will also use 'Smoothlead' sometimes or one of the other more delayed patches.

I'll also sometimes and a little 'wash' of sound with 'SQR TR' or 'Phaseclean' (I'm remembering these patch names from memory...).

I never play with the patch or sensitivity settings. The only adjustments I make are to the input volume and my guitar volume. Quite often, they're all up to the max.

Geir

This one has quite a live feel too it and I love the raw energy combimed with the melodies that comes from not only the brilliant vox, but much so in the guitars and bass too !!!!!

Love it !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Not underwhelmed by this one, another great track. Really ctachy. The drums work really well, great programming. Must get more inventive with my use of the drums on the MBR.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR