'Underwhelmed' Original by Jemima's Kite

Started by Greeny, July 30, 2009, 06:00:14 AM

Greeny

JEMIMAS KITE_Underwhelmed
Time:
0:00
Volume:
We're on a bit of a roll at the moment - some really good chemistry. This is the latest one. Usual story: base guitar and drum track by me (Telecaster plus p-90 Les Paul for the lead), an excellent lyric and vocal from orh, and everything underpinned by some dirty but melodic Flash Harry bass. The guitars were done on Tuesday, the vocals went from rough draft to final take yesterday, and the bass was done in two takes last night  :)

The song is all at 70bpm, but you'll notice how the verses sound slow, whilst the choruses speed up. This is because I found a hard rock pattern (can't remember which one!) which doubles up the beat and adds some speed / welly. It's an interesting way to add some variation without lots of timing issues and editing. 

OsCKilO

I have had that feeling lately........ Not on the forum though.....

This song is sums up the feeling....with awesomeness!

Wicked roll you guys are on!

Nice tip with the BPM stuff!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

Thanks! That bpm trick was a real revelation. I'm sure there are other things like that if you play with the patterns enough.

My biggest problem with the rhythms are getting away from the 'STD1' kit for these rockier numbers, because that's the only one that sounds real / natural to my ears. I did this track with the 'Room' kit originally, but the beats were too loud and artificial (for my ears anyway).

Sprocket

Having listened to a couple of ORH songs...it kinda makes me curious who is the inspiration for some of the lyrics? Seems like kind of a reoccurring theme....where as some of the older stuff Id heard was more playful.

Jim1970

Cool Piece!!  Love the Vocals!!  Music is cool and hard driving!!

You Guys are on fire!!!    
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

This one has taken a harder line, we seem to be a bit more focussed and less frivolous.

It might have something to do with the fact that James is doing a 10 year stretch in Slade for aggravated burglary.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

launched

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Straight to PiePod!

I like the tempo trick - I changed tempos on my last song and it was a pain trying to get things to fit.

You guys always sound great together, but your ratio of synergy seems to increase all the time. The guitar parts, singing and bass are the best ever.

I am overwhelmed by this performance.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Facemask93

Great track fella's , you gell well , ORH say hello to NSF if you bump into him in Slade

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

the lyrics to this song are greatly inspired by david cameron the leader of the conservative party.

in the first take of this i sang in a lower drawl a bit like frank black and was trying to get a frank black/pixies feel but it didnt have the immediacy of this version.

as to what or who informs my lyrics, everything and everyone is grist for the mill and half the time i havent a clue what the songs about anyway lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

QuoteORH say hello to NSF if you bump into him in Slade
that one went over my head,

doh its fletcher innit.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann