Can you pass the "All Stars "Test?

Started by The Reverend 48, July 30, 2009, 03:48:53 AM

Geir

Quote from: 48 on August 03, 2009, 06:53:06 AMI think he's slipped a few extra notes in ;D
Only joking you rock Geir! 8)

Well I might have bent the rules a bit, but only by bending the strings ;D

And it IS a good thing you've got going here !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Bosko, I have to admit you are entertaining the hell out of me in this thread. I am way too self-conscious to be as open as you. Truth be told, I have come a long way in a very very short amount of time due to Mike's ability to mentor, and the level of patience he has. Continuing to be honest, I'm still a poor musician, but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

I have been working on this test for a week and a half, I have sent a few takes to Mike, and asking for guidance. The flaws that I need to work on are exposed, and I'm diligent about fixing them. I've actually taken 3 steps back to make a step forward at this point. I'll definitely be much more refined as a result, so I'm happy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bosko Schwartz

Glad to hear I am entertaining you, Tony W! ;D

I'd love to hear your version(s) and would like you to hear mine as well, after Mike posts it.  I am sure yours will blow mine away, as I have absolutely NO BUSINESS playing the blues.

I guess this was also my answer to PJ's challenge of doing something "outside the box."  As anyone would know who has listened to my stuff or read my posts on various threads, blues is about as far outside my little box as I can possibly get.  Well, maybe new-school country or hip-hop would be even further outside, but I digress.  I find that odd, in a way, as blues seems to be the first choice for many of the fine musicians here.

Anyway, I had fun doing it, and it was certainly a CHALLENGE (not to mention a good exercise to thicken the calluses on the fingers of my left hand)! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

The Reverend 48

Bosko I have not recieved your mail yet  ;)

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: 48 on August 05, 2009, 10:09:49 AMBosko I have not recieved your mail yet  ;)

Darn, I was hoping you would have heard it by now.  I must have the e-mail address wrong.  What is it?  You put it as mmacforte@googlemail.com in the first post.

I am confused ... ???

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on August 05, 2009, 11:02:09 AM
Quote from: 48 on August 05, 2009, 10:09:49 AMBosko I have not recieved your mail yet  ;)
darn, I was hoping you would have heard it by now.  I must have the e-mail address wrong.  What is it?  You put it as mmacforte@googlemail.com in the first post.
I am confused ... ???

thats the right address....... Very Strange ??? :o

Bosko Schwartz

I sent it again, Mike -- did you get it this time?

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on August 04, 2009, 06:43:18 AMOne question, 48: Do you have to do this in one take to pass the test, or just make sure you stay within those notes?  I am pretty bad at any improvisation, let alone blues!
My arse! ;D ;D
You are having a laugh at us  ;) :D 8)
here's is Boskos splendid dirty test
http://www.box.net/shared/7mnhv359v3

Sprocket

Man I really love the repeated notes towards the end...sounds so awesome.
I always feel like I need to be moving or doing something different.
Its when I hear somebody like you, whos confident in his playing that I realize whats missing with my own.

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase