Can you pass the "All Stars "Test?

Started by The Reverend 48, July 30, 2009, 03:48:53 AM

The Reverend 48

Quote from: cuthbert on August 03, 2009, 08:23:48 AMI'm for the test, 48!  I'll try to get it down and in the email today.
I'm not much of a blues player, although I learned a bit of the form when first learning guitar. At the very least, my entry may serve as an example of how not to play the blooze!  :D
Can blue men play the whites?  ;)
cuth
Excellent Well Cuth if you enjoy it sign up for a refresher! ;)

Another BR legend has just passed the test.......
Listen Bluesberry here! 8)
http://www.box.net/shared/7mnhv359v3
We have now got 10 BR users on the test ...How cool is that! 8)

StevieM

Great stuff guys. It's amazing there are so many different ways to play just 7 notes, and there's probably more to come ;D.

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

I am truly amazed also.  I need to take an hour and sit and listen to all the takes.  Everyone is different. This is really turning into a fun test.  I think we should do more! Although at first I didn't think so.  And Hey where's Bosko's test.  Did he give up on this challenge?     Geir and Blues it was great to hear your takes. WOW

The Reverend 48

....and yet another excellent test. 8)
Here's cuthbert aka Joe's take and he has added a touch of originality by adding harmonics........
hear it here
http://www.box.net/shared/7mnhv359v3
He has also signed up for the course.... Way to go cuthbert :D

launched

Quite the crew you have now, 48!! I have been listening to the takes and they all sound great - Excellent job everybody.

Mark

P.S. - I like how the player on box.net automatically rotates through the song files.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bosko Schwartz

One question, 48: Do you have to do this in one take to pass the test, or just make sure you stay within those notes?  I am pretty bad at any improvisation, let alone blues!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

The Reverend 48

Bosko just have a few goes to get used to the notes, try and make a few licks
and then press the red button ;)
To be fair this is at the end of lesson 2 so the guys have had a couple of lessons
If you want send me your mailing addy and have a go at lesson 1 first ;)

Bosko Schwartz

Cool, just making sure it didn't HAVE to be one take!  Maybe I'll check out lesson two later, but I want to try this first! ;D

cuthbert

Go for it, Bosko...if I can play within the box, anyone can!  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bosko Schwartz

Well, Mike, you and everyone else somehow talked me into it. :o  I never thought I'd do this, but I just e-mailed it to you.  It's pretty embarrassing, but I tried.  Go easy on me, as this is the first time I have ever played blues in my entire life!  This was the 4th or 5th take.  The last measure is pretty sad, as I was running out of "licks" from my already pretty much completely empty Lick Bag.  What I can say with absolute certainty was that I stuck to those 7 notes -- and, boy, was that difficult!

What's also weird is that I found myself playing the rhythm and the lead a lot.  Just couldn't help myself from playing that little riff.  Hopefully that's not cheating! :D

Thanks, Mike, for letting me participate in a very fun and interesting challenge! ;D